2. year one - Hogwarts Express.

On the morning of September first, four nervous first years were standing waiting for the train. All separately standing with their family uncertain about what could happen next.

One boy, a tall, lanky brunette was standing with his mother and father. Remus Lupin was watching all the other children around his age that were also stood on the platform. His thoughts were pierced by his mother's calm voice, "Remus, darling you better take your suitcase from your father now. The train is set to leave in ten minutes." The boy quickly checked his watch which read that it was now 10:50am and realised his mother was correct. Lyall was stood slightly away from his son and wife and was surveying the other families. Remus could tell that his dad was anxious in case anyone was to find out Remus' secret. Lyall jumped as he was pulled from his thoughts when Remus grabbed his bags and started in a mini jog to get to the train and settled down in time before it departed from the station. Hope Lupin was shouting her goodbyes to her only son from a great distance as he made his way closer to the train doors.

On the other end of the platform, a young woman was shouting goodbye as her son had ran off towards the train without any warning. James really just wanted to get to Hogwarts. But if he was being completely honest he couldn't face saying goodbye to his parents, especially his mum. James was sad to know that he was going to be without them for at least four months and so therefore he ran off towards the train to avoid any hard goodbyes. His mum was already crying on the side of the platform being comforted by her husband, James turned around the last time to wave a short goodbye.

Sirius' goodbyes however were much easier as neither of his parents were paying much attention to him whilst they were all stood on the platform. His mother kept muttering things under her breath and was judging all of the families that, according to her 'didn't look pure enough.' His father was no different, but he was drawing less attention to himself. He stood at the left side of his wife completely ignoring anyone there, constantly casting tempus with his wand to see how much longer he had to be around the 'mud bloods'. Reggie on the other hand looked conflicted. Sirius could tell that his little brother was happy for Sirius, he got this amazing chance to go to Hogwarts, but he also knew that Reggie was upset that he couldn't go with him. Sirius felt utterly guilty for leaving Reggie alone in that house. Regulus regularly felt lonely and would often go into Sirius' room just to feel the presence of another person nearby. The problem with the black household was that little affection was ever shown and that made both Regulus and Sirius grow up lonely. Sirius knew that this transition would be especially hard for his younger brother, so he hugged him tight while whispering in his ear "you'll be alright, just two more years." Before dashing to the train doors.

Although just a day prior he was delighted to go to Hogwarts, standing on the platform all peter could feel was how nervous he really was. His mother stood by his side holding onto his hand. "are you all ready peter, go have fun." Peter gave his mother a small smile before leaving go of her hand and picking up his bag in its place. He walked to the entrance of the train before entering he looked back at his mum who was glowing with pride at her youngest child. Walking down the corridors of the Hogwarts express was terrifying because peter could hear all of the children like him already making new friends and he was scared that he wouldn't.

As Sirius walked down the corridor he noticed an empty compartment. Perfect, he thought to himself, he really wasn't in the mood right now to talk to anyone and a quiet journey was exactly what he needed. At the same time James rushed into the compartment that Sirius had his eye on making Sirius bump into him as he hadn't previously noticed someone was there.

"hey watch out mate." James said still trying to get passed the boy he just met. "it's no problem, was just messing with you. Look I'm fine." James continued noticing the less than happy expression on the other boy's face.