Chapter 20 - Bumpy Ride

Chapter 20 – Bumpy Ride

I’d done everything you could possibly do on a plane when you’re in the middle of the air; only two hours had passed which meant there were twelve left until we touched down in Sydney. It made it so much nicer that we were in first class but even that had its downside as apart from us there were only men in suits and rich people who looked like snobs and there was no fun in that, I wouldn’t even dare pulling a prank on them.

Em and Jay took the first two seats on the row followed by Max and Michelle, Tom and Kelsey, Big Kev and Martin, Nathan and myself, behind us sat Nareesha and Siva as well as the rest of the band. We took up the majority of first class but then again every band had a large entourage. Jay had been like a different person now he had Em by his side, he grinned every two seconds and cracked jokes whenever there was any silence – I knew he was like that normally but it seemed that he exaggerated everything when he was with her, he was just himself.

Only one prank had been pulled on Kev and Martin so far so I presumed the majority of the boys had fallen asleep, Nathan on the other hand was attempting to draw as we played Pictionary on a scrap of paper. I honestly could not tell what it was meant to be, it looked like a blob with random scribbly lines coming off, the worst thing about it though was the fact that Nathan was trying so hard, he stuck his tongue out slightly as he gripped the pen in concentration.

“Done” he said smiling and looking rather pleased with himself, to me it just like a scribble, but me being the nice person I am didn’t say that, instead I took it from his hands and tried to figure out what it was.

“Is a pig?” I doubted it as it didn’t have a snout. “Nope” Nathan laughed shaking his head, I racked my mind trying to figure out what it was, “A cat?” “Nope” “A fish?” “Nope” “A flower?” “Nope”. It carried on like this for a good ten minutes, honestly you would have thought one of my guesses was right if not close but apparently not, he wouldn’t even give me any clues which I thought was mean.

“I give up” I said, I wasn’t going to guess it anytime soon. Nathan sighed shaking his head, instead of straight up giving me the answer he decided to play hang-man. It turned out it was a four letter word, the middle to letters were ir, half my man was hung by the time I guesses right, poor Steve (and yes I did name him Steve) bird. It was a bird. It didn’t look anything like one whatsoever. Nothing. I mean how hard could it be drawing a bird.

“Nathan you are the worst drawer ever” I said, he pouted like a little kid before I poked him and he laughed. “Nah I know I’m pretty bad, it was fun watching you guess” he said squeezing my hand. I rolled my eyes and looked out the window; I had to laugh when I saw a bird flying not far away, Nath gave me a confused look before following my gaze to the bird and laughing as well.

“What a coincidence” he said smiling, I chuckled smiling and changing positions in my seat since it had begun to get uncomfortable. “I would hate to be a bird afraid of heights” Nathan said breaking the short silence “well it’s a good job you’re not a bird then, especially this one” I said chucking the paper with Steve and the bird on he laughed before closing his eyes obviously either ignoring me or wanting to take a nap.

I pulled out my headphones and switched my IPod on skipping to one song and hitting repeat, it might be weird or corny but the song I wanted to listen to over and over again was I found you. I loved the song, ever since I first listened to it on Nathan’s IPod before it came out I fell in love with it, their vocals in it were amazing. The high notes they hit, the catchy tune and the thing I loved the most Nathan’s solo. Gah! it was the most amazing thing, his voice was like the best chocolate ever but to your ears, it was mesmerising. No other way to describe it other than hypnotic, I could just listen to that bit again, again, and again. Obviously Nathan didn’t know this; I thought I would be a bit soppy if I told him, but then again he had never asked.