Chapter 23 - Chipmunk Style

Chapter 23 – Chipmunk Style

Australia really was an amazing place; I had fallen in love with the Australian accent; it really was freaking awesome! The boys had done three concerts so far and had one more on the last day; the rest was either promotion or time off. At the minute they had the morning off before they were due to go for an interview somewhere. We were all currently all sat in Jay’s and Emma’s room as we decided where we were going to go.

“Can we go to the beach?” Michelle asked and the rest of the girls nodded, it would be amazing to go since we hadn’t been since being here. The boys looked at each other and shrugged, beach it was! I dragged Nathan back to my room and got everything I needed out, including bikini, towel, sunglasses and sun cream before shoving them all in my bag with a book I’d got at LAX airport and IPod.

We all met fifteen minutes later and hopped in the van while Big Kev drove us to Bondi beach, we were all jolly; I mean why wouldn’t you be? Everyone loved going to the beach even if you didn’t go in the water, there was just something about it that made the whole experience so amazing – well except maybe the sand getting stuck everywhere. “To the beach” Tom yelled and we all cheered. I pulled out my phone sending a quick tweet, ‘Heading to Bondi beach, excited? Yes, yes I am!” I couldn’t resist tweeting about it.

“I can’t wait to see you in your bikini” Nathan whispered in my ear as he sat next to me, I giggled and tried not to blush a crimson colour – it probably failed though. “I can’t wait to see you in your trunks” I whispered back, he smirked and kissed me on the cheek. Max and Tom looked at us with smirks on their faces; they must have had an idea what we were talking about, though I guess our flustered looks didn’t help.

When we got to the beach I was surprized at how many people there were, it seemed like everyone else had a similar sort of idea. It took us a good ten minutes of walking down the beach before we found a good enough spot. I laid my towel on the floor and sat on it, the others following me not long after. I was in between Emma and Kelsey and Nathan and the other boys were behind us peeling their shirts and shorts off – and if you were wondering, yes it was an amazing view, especially Nathan’s bare chest…

I took that as my cue to run to the nearest toilets and put my bikini on since I hadn’t put it under my clothes, the girls followed doing the same while the boys – including Big Kev who had stayed with us, all put each-others sun-cream on. It was a funny sight. My bikini was from Jack Wills, it had cost an arm and a leg but it was worth it because it fit really well and the colour complemented my skin tone. It was a red/white striped bikini and it had a few frills along the side, I really like it.

Scooping my clothes up I slipped on my flip-flops and headed back to where I met the other girls who all had their bikini’s on. They all looked so good, they had amazing bodies. When we edged closer to the boys a series of wolf-whistles greeted us, I giggled and set my clothes on my bag before turning to Nathan to ask if he would put some sun-cream on for me- of course he agreed straight away. “You look amazing, guess what time it’s going to be later” he whispered as he massaged the sun-cream into my back, I shrugged and he smirked before replying simply with “sexytime”. He then grabbed Siva and Jay and dragged them towards the water while Max and Tom ran after them. I lay back on my towel with my sunglasses soaking up the rays with the girls; maybe I would go in the sea later though I wasn’t so keen on the idea. I mean what if I got stung by a sting-ray, or a crab pinched me? Or even worse a shark got to close to shore and ate me? I shuddered at the thought, as long I didn’t go far out I should be okay.

“I can’t believe that in two days we’ll be back on the other side of the world living our normal lives” Emma said and I nodded, this whole thing had felt like a dream, a really good dream that I didn’t want to wake up from. “It’s going to be so weird” I agreed, Kelsey and Michelle had a similar sort of life to the boys- though a lot less demanding, and Nareesha had an amazing job being a designer, Me and Emma were sort of the odd ones out I guess.

We sat there talking for a while longer, we talked about girly stuff, the boys, home, we even talked about Dean – well Michelle talked we listened – though I didn’t really want to know. Knowing what he was like though made me even angrier, I was just glad I never had to see him again. A sudden trickle of water down my stomach made me flinch, I shielded my eyes from the sun and looked up to see a dripping wet Nathan laughing down at me.

“Come in the water” he said picking up my arm and tugging me, I shook my head and held my ground while he sighed and walked away. I smiled at his defeat and rolled on my front so I would tan on the other side.

As I was bobbing my head to a song on my IPod when I felt four pairs of hands grabbing an arm and leg each, I shrieked and looked up to find Nathan, Max, Tom and Jay carrying me towards the water while the other girls and Siva laughed. “Put me down!” I yelled though it was no use, I really didn’t want to get my hair wet. “Guys if you chuck me in I’ll – “ but it was too late, we had reached the water and they swung me backwards before throwing me forwards into the sea, I screamed before I made the impact with the water. It soaked me as I was pushed deeper with the current; I fought my way to the surface and coughed as I’d swallowed a load of it. I was not happy. I splashed a laughing Nathan and was about to walk back to my towel when everyone else joined us, I decided to stay, still not happy though that I’d been thrown in. I would have to get them back later.

We stayed messing about in the water and building sandcastles (it might have been childish but we all had a lot of fun building it (until Jay decided to kick and knock them all down anyway). When we were packing everything to go I looked at Big Kev and burst out laughing, he was topless but looked like a tomato – I don’t think he’d used any sun-cream. I took a picture and uploaded it to The Wanted twitter account. I was intrigued to know how many retweets it got as it had to be one of the funniest sights I’d seen in a while.

I had my revenge planned when we got to the studio where they were doing a live interview, I’d got Martin to be in on it and he had arranged my plan with a few people from the studio, I was so excited to watch it now. The plan was to make their voices go chipmunk with the microphones half way through the interview, I’d seen them play it to Jay at one of their first tours and found it hilarious so I was excited to hear what the other boys sounded like.

I sat on the front row between Nareesha and Kelsey, the other girls sat either side of them, I watched as they were introduced by the talk-show host, I was so glad it was live. “Hello and welcome to the show! Tonight I am joined by a British band who have taken everyone by storm with their hit single Glad You Came, ladies and gentleman please welcome The Wanted” we all clapped as they walked on, Max first followed by Siva, Tom, Jay and Nathan.

The interview started, they asked the usual questions, what’s the tour been like, what did they like about Australia, when they hit the questions about girlfriends that’s where it got interesting, as it was the queue I gave Martin for my revenge to start.

“So I hear you are all taken. I’m sorry ladies I guess you’ll just have to admire them from afar. Boys, which couple are most affectionate?” they all looked at each other before Tom replied “Nathan and Maggie, they’re always kissing” I burst out laughing, it worked! The rest of the audience, boys and host all laughed too and Tom sat there not sure whether to laugh or have a tantrum. It took a few seconds for everyone to calm down, then it hit me what Tom had said. Damn you Tom! “Is that because they were best friends before do you think?” This time it was Jay’s turn to answer. “They’ve always be close, now they’re even closer” he burst out laughing which made everyone else laugh; it was like a babies giggle but a lot funnier.

“Speaking of Maggie I bet she did this” Nathan said looking at me, I nodded once and he smiled shaking his head, paybacks a devil. For the rest of the interview they carried on with high pitch voices, I still caught them laughing every few minutes and the other girls loved it. When it finished though I knew I was in for it.

“Maggie!” Nathan said after the interview had finished, I was about to find Big Kev backstage to hide behind him but I guess I wasn’t so lucky. “Yes?” I said already knowing why he called me. “Why you so mean?” he pouted and I laughed pecking my lips on his before turning to walk away, he caught my arm before I could make a run for it? “You know what time it is when we get back to our hotel room right?” he said wiggling his eyebrows, I blushed, of course I did.

A/N – Two chapters left!! I know so sad! I’ll leave you guessing what time it is ;) (Clue it begins with s and ends in exytime) Haha.  Comment, fan, vote S x