Chapter 1

Authors Note: Hi everyone! I am a new author and publisher on this website, so constructive criticism is appreciated, but please no mean or rude comments (which will be deleted when I figure out how lol.) Sorry for any typos or misspellings, I try my hardest to fix them when I see them. Thank you for reading, please enjoy!

Copyright: I do not own or claim to own Chicago Fire or any of its characters.

"Good morning!" Sylvie Brett softly cooed as Matthew Casey slowly started to come around after his uninterrupted nine-hour sleep.

"Hmmm, It would be if you would come back to bed,"

"Haha nice try, but our shift starts in less than two hours."

"You just has to ruin the moment didn't you?" Casey called as Brett went into the bathroom to finish getting ready for shift.

"You know it," Said Brett smirking while she put on her uniform. They finally made their way to their separate vehicles with thirty minutes to spare before the start of shift.

Just as Brett was about to walk by Casey to get in her car, he reached his arm out and wrapped it around her waist causing Brett to squeal.

"Hey, aren't you forgetting something?" Asked Matt.

"ahhh, I turned off the TV, locked the door...." She rattled on until finally he pulled her towards him and kissed her like his life depended on it.

"Oh, that," Softly answered Brett as she looked him right in the eyes.

"Yeah, that." He answered.

"Hey, be careful going to the firehouse the roads could still be slick from yesterday."

"Matt we're going to the same place." She huffed out.

"Yeah, but sometimes you like to drive a little faster than necessary."

"I do not." She argued.

"Whatever you say, babe. Just please be careful." He pleaded.

"I will." She quickly replied giving him one more kiss on the lips, as it would be their last one out in public till shift was over; and they were back into their little safe haven where nobody knew much about their relationship. It's hard to believe that is all started a little over five months ago after one of the most horrific fires they have both seen. Ultimately, they were both very lucky and no one they knew got hurt or severely injured. But not long after that Brett finally came to her senses and broke off her engagement to Kyle. It all seemed to have perfect timing after that, Matt asked Sylvie out and they've been going steady ever since.

No one at the firehouse has really caught on to any changes in their relationship yet, as they try to keep it professional when at the firehouse.

Ahh, If only the two of them knew what the next twenty-four hours would hold.