Chapter 4

Author's Note: What do you think so far? I'm trying to pace it and get us to the good part. Sorry for any typos or misspellings, I try my hardest to fix them when I see them. Thank you for reading, please enjoy!

Copyright: I do not own or claim to own Chicago Fire or any of its characters.

What seemed like days later, but in reality was only two and a half hours since Brett and Foster had arrived back at the house; they were called out on another call.

- AMBULANCE SIXTY-ONE MALE IN DISTRESS ON WAYLON DRIVE -

"Hey, be careful. Please?"

Casey pleaded with Brett before she ran off to catch up with Foster.

"I will," Softly answered Brett before she was gone and no longer visible.

Surprisingly, Brett and Foster made it to the new call unscathed. Just as they were about to get out of the ambulance Brett suddenly got a bone-shattering chill.

"You, good?" Foster yelled across the parked ambulance.

"Yeah, just got a weird feeling, that's all."

The snow continued to come down in blankets. Slow. Slow. Slow.

"I think the radio said "our patient lives on the third floor."

Called Brett, who still couldn't shake this weird, cold feeling as she stumbled around looking for anything, a sign of life, a voice, a calling, anything. Anything to shake this feeling. Slow. Slow. Slow.

They eventually made their way up the three flights of stairs, carrying all of their equipment needed.

"CFD call out."

"CFD call out."

Hearing no response, Brett apprehensively reached out and tugged the door open. The only sound heard was the door as it slowly swam across the floor and creaked. Brett and Foster both looked at each other not knowing what to expect from this. 

Slow. Slow. Slow.

Thanks for reading! Feedback is appreciated.