Chapter 3

"Hey, Brett that snow's starting to come down pretty bad now." Called Foster, not taking her eyes off the road.

"Yeah, just be careful and look for slick spots. I don't know how anyone can sit out in this; it's so cold." Interjected Brett.

"Tell me about it." Sighed Foster.

"Whoa, Foster look out!" Brett cried hysterically.

It was then that a truck, which seemed to be the size of Texas slid on ice and turned over, causing the ambulance to swerve and slide as if it were on an ice rink. It all seemed to be happening in slow motion: the garbage truck turning over, the ambulance swerving, Brett and Foster both screaming, crying, and praying. Slow. Slow. Slow.

Until finally, when Foster was able to gain control of the vehicle again and gently glide it to a stop.

"Oh my God. Oh my God." Repeated Brett.

"Are you okay?" Urgently asked Foster.

"Yeah, I'm good. You?"

"I'm okay. Just a little shocked." Laughed Foster.

"Hey, you ladies okay?" Stammered the truck driver.

"Yeah, we're fine. How are you?" Cautiously but urgently asked Brett.

"No, I'm fine; just a little banged up."

Not long after that Brett and Foster made their way back to the house. The original call they had been called on, had already been answered by another ambulance.

"Hey, we heard you two had quite the adventure on your last call." Casually called Kidd as she rolled up hoses.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that." Softly answered Brett as she looked around the room hoping and praying to see the one person she had been thinking about since she first saw the Texas-sized truck.

"Hey." He soothed.

"Hey." She called back.

"You okay? We heard about the last call."

"Yeah, I'm good. Just a little rattled I guess."

"I bet. Do you need anything?" He quickly added.

"No. I'm good thanks." She sweetly smiled at him then looked around.

Slow. Slow. Slow.

Thanks for reading! Feedback is appreciated.