Chapter 1 - Luna

Cold, dark, nothingness, this is what surrounded Luna. She looked around in fear, "W-where am I?" she shivered as she looked around into the void of emptiness. Suddenly she stopped, she heard a deep rumble from nearby "w-what was that?!" she squinted her eyes to try to see what was happening, then she saw something stir in the dark, "Only your worst nightmare, little girl." said a dark, rough voice out of the gloom. The sound of the voice sent a shiver down Luna's spine. She was startled because she recognized it " You, how... we killed you!" Luna screamed " or so you thought" the dark voice whispered "For you see, I can be injured, yes, but never killed" and with those words, he stepped into the light. He was horrible, all black, with no apparent shape, he was like a mist figure, like a ghost not knowing what shape to take. "Shadow Master" Luna's voice was strong, but weak, like a cornered animal "how, why did you bring me here?" Luna shivered and the Shadow Master sneered "I only wanted to talk... and I wanted a snack" and with that, the Shadow Master lunged at Luna. Luna jumped to the side but the shadow master was to fast, he grabbed her ankle with a misty hand and started pulling her back down to what Luna thought was the ground. "You remember when I said I wanted a snack? well, that snack is you!". As he said this, a deep, dark pit opened under Luna. It appeared as if the pit had teeth. As she looked more closely, she recognized with a wave of horror that it isn't a pit, but a mouth.

She felt herself slip on the edge of the mouth. She flailed wildly, and she caught the edge of the mouth as the Shadow Master started to laugh. She stared down into the dark depths below her, and saw a shadowy hand come up and started to pull her in. she struggled but the hand was to strong. it pulled her into the mouth and then all went black.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!" Luna sat up fast, opened her eyes, and quickly whipped her head around to see her surroundings.. She wasn't in the dark, and the Shadow Master wasn't there, she was in her forest, in her hammock, and the sun was rising over the mountain. "Why, why do I keep having that dream?!" she thought. Luna shivered as she thought about the figure made out of mist "Shadow Master, why do I know that name?". As she had expected, no answer came. "Well" she said as she looked around at her little spot "I guess I should get some breakfast". She looked at the sun rising over the mountain " Oh my gosh, it's almost 10:00 am!" she got up and felt the soft grass under her bare feet as she ran down to the small lake that was near her home.

When she got there, she saw her best friend in the world, Ron, over on the other side of the small lake. Ron was very kind. He had hair like a midnight sun, black as ink against a night sky. He also had amazing sight, he could see a deer from a mile away. He also had the best fish catching skills of any one Luna knew, considering that she only knew Ron, and all the animals that lived around them, she didn't have much to go off of, but that was OK with her. Ron also wasn't normal, and the reason for that was that he had wings. The wings descended from his father, who was a peregrine falcon. He had a hard life, until he met her. Luna is like him, she's a mistake. But she doesn't have wings, no, Luna have a silver fox tail and ears with black tips. she has amazing hearing, she can hear a wolf cry from 5 miles away. When Luna met Ron, he was out in the woods, all alone, starving. Luna helped him find food and we became friends.

 "RON, WHY ARE YOU OVER THERE!?" she yelled. " get over here and I'll tell you!" Ron shouted back. she laughed as she ran toward him. Right when she reached him she asked "So, why are you over here and not over in the normal spot?" he smiled as he held up a huge fish "look what I caught over here." " wow" Luna said "that's huge, it looks like a baseball bat!". Ron laughed as his messy black hair fell over his eyes, covering his sight. After he had moved it again he said"Anyway, I was wondering when you would get here, I've been awake for almost three hours." My smile faded," I had that dream again, about the Shadow Master, it was creepy." Ron sighed and said," Weird, tell me again, how many times have you had that dream?" his voice was full of concern, "Umm..." I sighed, " this is the fifth time".

 As Luna and Ron walked back to their clearing, Ron asked for the hundredth time "Luna, are you sure that you don't have any idea who the Shadow Master is?" Luna sighed again, "I already told you, I don't know!" She started to walk ahead of Ron, but he caught up to her "I'm sorry if I made you mad.." he said, " but I just need to know, I hate not knowing something, you know that." Luna smiled "Yeah, I know".

 Once they got back to the clearing, Ron went straight for his hammock," I know that we were supposed to go berry hunting, but I'm really tired so I'm gonna take a nap." Ron lied down and Luna could hear him starting to snore. " It's okay Ron" Luna whispered to herself, "You can sleep, plus, I want a nap too..." She climbed back up into her hammock and she wondered for the hundredth time who the Shadow Master was, but she didn't have very much time to think about it, because she fell into a deep, dark, dreamless sleep.

 When she woke up, she looked at the sun and gasped "Ron, wake up you sleepyhead, it's almost 8:00 pm!" Ron sat up fast and hit his head on a low branch over his hammock then fell out. "ouch! What, what! How did we sleep so long?!" Ron said as he rubbed his head "I don't know, but we need to go and get some berries so we can have something to eat tomorrow" Luna said as she got out of her hammock. They both got up and ran into the forest to look for berries. 

As they ran through the forest, Luna had to stop to catch her breath "RON, SLOW DOWN..." Luna knew that he couldn't hear her, but she knew that he would notice that she wasn't with him, and come back for her. She looked around at where she was, she saw many small bushes, and a dark oak tree nearby. As she kept looking around she thought she saw two glowing red eyes in one of the bushes, but when she blinked, they were gone.