Chapter 2 - Sunny

"Gotta run, gotta hide" this thought raced through Sunny's head over and over "Gotta run gotta..." she heard a wolf howl, the cry ringing through the forest, chasing her. As she moved her four legs as fast as she could, she looked behind her and saw a wolf right behind her. She tried to run faster, but the full grown wolf was to fast for her. As he ran past her, she heard him grunt " it's the end of the line little runt, time to die!". But just then, the wolf skidded to a stop, looked up in terror, ran the other way, leaving a paw print in the ground the only sign he had been there. "What the..." Sunny thought but just then, Sunny crashed through a bush and right at the feet of a human.

The human had a beautiful silver fox tail and two sleek silver ears with black tips. She had the most beautiful eyes, blue like the sea, and her hair was brown like milk chocolate. She had a very kind smile on her face, "hello little wolf" she said "are you OK?".

Sunny whined and backed up. "I'm sorry if I frightened you, little wolf, don't worry, I won't hurt you" the girl said. She reached down and picked up Sunny ," we must go, my friend, Ron, will be worried if I dont catch up to him soon". As she took off running, Sunny felt the wind wip past her, it felt great. She almost forgot that she was being carried by a human. " this is really cool, she can run really fast" Sunny thought to herself. Soon Sunny saw another human, but this time it was a boy. He had long, black hair about shoulder length and he had falcon wings! " sorry I took so long Ron, but I found this little wolf pup, or rather, she found me" the girl said. "aww" said Ron " she's so cute, but why was she alone, wolves are known to stick together, not split up" the boy named Ron said, "I know" said the girl " I don't know why she was alone, it's sad really" "Luna" Ron said "it looks like she has a thorn in one of her front paws" " well look at that, she does." Luna said" That must hurt something awful". Sunny looked into her eyes and saw kindness in them. "Hello" Sunny squeked, "wow" Luna said "she can talk". "Yeah, I can talk" Sunny said "and I got kicked out of my pack for it, and I'm the runt of the litter"

"you poor little pup" Luna said "if you want, we could be your new pack" Sunny stuttered as she said the next words "you, you would take me in, just because I'm alone" Sunny asked Luna " well yeah, and your really cute" Luna said "yes, I really want you as my new pack, if you really want me" said Sunny with a smile starting to creep it's way onto her snout "YES, we really want you!" Ron and Luna shouted almost in sinc. Luna pulled out the thorn and set Sunny down as she happily waged her long tan tail.

"Hey Sunny, were looking for berries, do you think you could help?" asked Ron "Yeah! Sure, I think I can smell some berries right now."

Later, as Luna, Ron, and Sunny walked back to the clearing where Luna and Ron lived , there arms full of berries, Sunny heard a noise, like a stick braking. She went to find out what and where it was thinking "I'll just catch up with them in a minute, and if they go to far, I know where the clearing is, and I bet I can find them". As she walked, trying to find what had made the noise, she ran into something. It was large and harry, and it smelled like, it smelled like... a wolf. As soon as Sunny looked up, she knew something was terribly wrong with this wolf. her face was nothing more that a skull, and her eye's, well her empty eye sockets, glowed red. The fur on the rest of her body was the color of ash, and on her shoulder was the planet Saturn. In her muzzle she held the remains of a stick. "Hello little wolf" said a voice in Sunnys head, and somehow she knew it was the skull wolf's voice "we need to have a little talk".