vlog 9: ashes, ashes

l̷̢̩͖̯̈́̃͂̏͛͋̚o̴̯̮͓̮̫̭̼̒ą̶͇͓̺̳̳͚̳͖̼̀̇̈́̚͝d̵͈̗̠͔̹͕̰͍̜͓͋̅̎͛̀̉ï̶̱̲̦̖̈́͛͂̀n̸̝̮̝̅͗͑͐̆g̷̢̪̘̥̑̇̎͒̓͝͝ ̷̦̯͎̰̄d̸̨̢̳̳̳̹͙̭̯͛͠ͅi̷͍̖̳̲͓̹̥̔̓͜ș̷̯̘̺̜̦͎̐̑͆̌̈́c̴̢͉͔̬̜̱̼̠͓͎̊̄͋͝

. . .

𝚟𝚕𝚘𝚐 𝟿:
𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚜, 𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚜

     the call he awaits never comes

     the call he awaits never comes. no message (besides the one from earlier in the day) no voicemail, no nothing. taehyung is worrying, growing anxious as the clock marks a new time. there's a few sirens outside, but the people in charge of cleaning have told him it's nothing to worry about. his phone displays a contact; gguk. he opens up the balcony and steps out, peering down onto the streets. the police car is still parked in front, it's sirens still going off. the noise is too hectic for him, he goes back inside and closes the balcony door, blocking out the noise.

     the train station is opened, taehyung could just pack up and go to kosong, all he would need to do is ride his private yacht to namhae island and he'd be safe in case anything went extremely wrong. yeah, that's a good idea.

his phone dings, and he's hopeful it's one of his parents or even mr song.

where are you
it's jeon

jeon? he still has my number too? taehyung debates on opening the message, why would jeon care where he's at? he should be celebrating that he doesn't need to deal with taehyung anymore. but he replies nevertheless.

solar hotel, headed to the station.

jeon's reply comes fast, don't go i'm coming with you.

taehyung frowns, replying back with an ok. is he trying to use him as a leverage for his survival? it wouldn't surprise taehyung, he was privileged, his parents were important in the economy, and he's sure the government would prioritize the survival of the wealthy first. at least that's what the movies show. it wouldn't be the first time a person only used taehyung for his wealth.

surely they'd just go to the station together and then they'd take their own paths.

he waits for jeon to arrive.

««»»

"mister kim, there's a boy named jeongguk claiming you're expecting him?"

taehyung presses the button on the speaker, "yeah, let him in."

well, here he is. taehyung knew that once jeon saw the luxurious penthouse jeon's hatred towards him would double. taehyung you're such a snob. he can already imagine it. he hears the elevator ding, followed by a knock on his front doors. taehyung takes a step forward, turning the knob and opening the door.

he looks up at jeon with wide puppy like eyes. the younger glances at him, stepping inside once taehyung moves aside. his onyx eyes immediately survey the room, taking in each and every expensive decoration that brought life to the penthouse. the floors were shiny, as if they had just been polished. the kitchen counters were all made of marble, and he swore the center table was ebony. jeon looks back at taehyung and notices the expensive silky shirt he had on, tucked into dress pants.

"it smells expensive in here," is all he says.

taehyung shrugs, "it's boring."

"that's exactly what a rich person would say."

he ignores the comment and picks up a newly packed backpack, "well, we can go to the station now."

jeon sits down on the couch, "we can wait until later. do you have any food?"

this kid! taehyung crosses his arms, "i don't have time to waste jeon. you can grab something at the station, i'm in a hurry."

the raven rolls his eyes and gets up, making his way to the large kitchen. taehyung follows him, throwing his backpack on the ground. "listen kim, if this is my last meal, then i want it to be the best meal i've had. do you know how many times i went to bed with an empty stomach just so my sister could eat?" he rummages around for some dishes and a frying pan.

of course taehyung knows. jeon had told him while they were friends, when he still didn't know that taehyung was the son of one of the most wealthiest people in south korea. taehyung doesn't say anything.

"how long does pizza take to make?" jeon looks back at taehyung, long hair falling onto his eyes.

it causes a swarm of butterflies to erupt in taehyung's stomach. he feels his face go red as he looks down at his fingers, "you have time."

     so, jeon begins his pizza and doesn't sit down until it's put into the oven. taehyung continues sitting on the island, his eyes lost in thought. ding. jeon rushes to the oven and opens the door, "holy shit this looks so good."

he looks for gloves, opening and closing drawers until he finds them and slips them on. he sing songs as he makes his way towards taehyung, pizza in hands, "tell me this isn't the best pizza you've ever seen tae."

tae. taehyung doesn't realize how much he's yearned to hear that name until now. jeon seems to notice the shift too, his smile is wiped away as he sets down the plate of pizza. he doesn't say anything more, simply grabs a slice after letting it cool down and bites into it. he's sitting next to taehyung, staring down at his pizza. the brunette grabs a slice too, setting the hot slice on the surface.

     "c-can we pretend that didn't happen?"

     taehyung feels hurt inside. but he nods. he always nods.