Bonus Chapter : A-cheng

Note : Warning : Soft content ahead and a mess of a writing because I had not planned to do this beforehand. Also, long chapter ahead.

*Flashbacks are in italic*

It has been a month since Jiang Cheng met with Lan Xichen at the restaurant. Just the previous night, they had gone on a night-hunt with some disciples of Yunmeng and Gusu. Jiang Cheng still remembered the promise that he had made to Lan Xichen on impulse that night.

"A-cheng, have you been waiting long for us?"

Jiang Cheng heard that familiar light tone, making his heart flutter. He turned around to see that white-robed person emerging from the cluster of trees. The other smiled at him so warmly that his chest ached.

"L-Lan..." Jiang Cheng stuttered. He did not have the heart to address the other so...informally. He gave up trying and instead said, "Zewu-jun, no need to worry. We just got here."

Disappointment flashed across Lan Xichen's eyes, but he covered it up with his usual smile. Jiang Cheng had even noticed such subtle changes—he was going to go mad.

Lan Xichen let out a light sigh, "A-cheng, please address me as Lan Huan. No need to be so formal towards me..."

"I-I am sorry..." Jiang Cheng said in a low voice, looking down.

"It's fine. Let us go hunting now," Lan Xichen suggested and went away.

Later that night, after the hunt had come to an end, the two sect leaders sent away their disciples first, telling them to write a report about the hunt. Just as Lan Xichen was walking back to go back to Gusu, he heard a name that caught him by surprise.

"L-Lan Huan!"

He turned around to see a flustered Jiang Cheng standing still behind him, his ring sending out small purple sparks. He must be really nervous...

"A-cheng, you finally called me by that name...I am glad," Lan Xichen said with a voice of pure joy. It made Jiang Cheng blush even more than before.

"Lan Huan, I-I...I want to invite you to Yunmeng...to eat Lotus Soup with me!" Jiang Cheng practically shouted out, and before the other could utter a word, Jiang Cheng continued, "Tomorrow. By the Lotus Pod Lake! Ask Wei Wuxian where it is."

With that being said, Jiang Cheng immediately flew away on his sword, leaving a dumb-struck Lan Xichen behind.

This was the sole reason why Jiang Cheng was now standing on the bank of the Lotus Pod Lake with a basket in his hand. Thinking back, he smacked himself in the head a few good times.

His mind screamed at him, 'LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE! YOU REALLY LOOK LIKE A MAIDEN WAITING FOR HER BELOVED HUSBAND!' His killing intent just grew a level higher.

Just as Jiang Cheng was about to hurl himself into the lake out of embarrassment, he heard the crunch of grass behind him.

"A-cheng."

They locked eyes as a strong breeze blew, fluttering their long robes. From afar, it looked really serene, two figures; purple and pure white, standing amongst the falling plum flowers that grew along the banks.

"Lan Huan...you're here," Jiang Cheng said with a faint pinkish tint playing on his face and ears.

Together, they walked down to the little wooden pier that extended out into the Lotus Pod lake. They sat there, their legs dangling in the water. It did really look like a date...

Jiang Cheng presented them with a bowl of Lotus Soup each. "Enjoy,' he said as he raised his bowl, as if he was toasting his wine cup. Lan Xichen nodded and put a spoonful of soup into his mouth.

Like an excited maiden, Jiang Cheng watched the other drink, waiting for a response.

"It's...so delicious..." Lan Xichen spoke with a glimmer in this eye. Jiang Cheng's lips tugged upwards ever so slightly as he said, "I am glad that you like the soup I made..."

As they ate, they had a small conversation. Jiang Cheng reminisced about old times he had in this lake with Lan Xichen. Lan Xichen even laughed a few times, making Jiang Cheng's dear heart tremble.

After finishing their share of lotus soup, they just sat there, looking at the lotus flowers and pods sway with the wind.

Suddenly, Lan Xichen asked,"Is there a boat around here?"

"Yes. Why do you ask?"

Lan Xichen got up first and held out his hand towards Jiang Cheng. "I want to have a boat ride," he said, giving Jiang Cheng another brilliant smile of his.

Thoughtlessly, Jiang Cheng took his hand and he was pulled up to his feet. He led the way towards his boat. Lan Xichen also helped him onto the boat.

Once they were out in the clear lake water, delicately floating among the lotus, Jiang Cheng saw the amazement in Lan Xichen's eyes.

Suddenly, Lan Xichen plucked out a lotus pod, and then another. He handed one to Jiang Cheng who looked speechless.

"A-cheng. Take this. I remember you told me you used to do this with Young Master Wei..."

Jiang Cheng's heart took a direct hit and he was so flustered that his hands shook as he took the lotus pod from Lan Xichen.

Lan Xichen watched with warmth as Jiang Cheng plucked the seed from the pod and popped one into his mouth. The other's lips looked so...dewy and soft. Lan Xichen certainly wanted to a taste of them...

With that in mind, he leaned slightly towards Jiang Cheng who was distracted by the small pod in his hands to notice this slight movement.

"A-cheng..."

Jiang Cheng looked up and as soon as he did, he was taken aback. He did not know what was happening—only that Lan Xichen's soft and plush lips were on his own.

Speechless, Jiang Cheng sat there like a rock, not reacting to the kiss nor pushing Lan Xichen away. He simply sat there.

Lan Xichen noticed this and pulled away. He looked pale and worried that Jiang Cheng was not doing anything.

"A-Cheng-"

Lan Xichen's sentence went unsaid as he was pulled towards Jiang Cheng by force. Jiang Cheng was now kissing him, desperately. Their kiss was a mess as they couldn't stop smiling.

After a while, they separated, breathless. Jiang's Cheng's hair ribbon had come undone and his bun was now gone—since when, he did not remember. Now, his long hair fell over his shoulder, in a half hair-do.

Now, Jiang Cheng knew there was at least someone who wanted to stay by his side...forever. With that thought in his mind, he smiled like he had never before.

"Thank you so much, Lan Huan..."

Lan Xichen cupped Jiang Cheng's hand and they looked into each other's eyes only, not saying a single word.

Just like that, they went back to kissing on that little boat, as if there was no tomorrow.

It was truly a beautiful and peaceful scene to watch. Two men in their own world as the world moved around them.