25 | the secret-keeper

Hermione looked up at the small cottage. Even though it was definitely the correct address, it just had to be wrong... such a sweet little house, with ivy growing on the sides and a neatly kept charming little garden in front, didn't seem to paint the picture of a devious trap. Of course, maybe that was the point?

"We're really doing this?" Draco whispered. He sounded scared. No, he sounded like he was trying to sound like he wasn't scared, and failing horribly.

She grabbed his hand, and he rolled his eyes at her, but didn't let go.

The two walked towards the front door, Hermione pulling out her wand and unlocking it quietly. The two slipped inside, and she half expected a caterwauling charm to go off. Nothing.

If the house was under a fidelius charm, they didn't need other security. But if it had been a trap, someone would have set something as a precaution. Hermione wasn't sure what to think anymore.

The inside of the house was expanded slightly, but it was still a very cute little cottage. There was plenty of wood paneling, and a fireplace beside a large comfy sofa. Nothing menacing was hiding in the shadows. Nothing reached out to grab them. They were alone.

Then she heard it- a strange creaking from down the hall. Pressing a finger to her lips, she tilted her head in that direction.

There it was again.

Draco nodded, and the two moved forward into the darkness of the hallway. There was a door at their right, and Hermione braced herself, her wand gripped tightly, as she opened it. She held her wand out defensively, plunging inside and looking around.

An empty bathroom, done in a horrendous shade of pale pink.

She looked back at Draco. There was a small window in the bathroom, letting in soft moonlight for them to see by. He looked ghostly in that light, his wand held in a death-grip and his pale features tight with nervousness. She stepped back to him, indicating the only other door down the hall.

She stepped towards it, listening.

There was that creak again, and something else. There was a person in there, she was sure- she could hear breathing! Someone was breathing heavy enough for her to hear straight through the door, and the sound was very feminine. Pansy?

She reached for the door handle, and at the exact same moment Draco spoke out loud, sounding as if an idea had just hit him. "Hermione, don't-"

The door was open, and Hermione saw something she was certain would give her nightmares for weeks.

There was Pansy Parkinson, completely nude. She was- for lack of a better word- riding on top of a man with thick black hair and a tone muscled body. Hermione could tell, since he was also completely nude. It took Pansy a few more thrusts downward to notice the interruption, her thin frame working up and down on the man's large shaft, her dark hair bouncing with her.

It really was an unfortunate angle for Hermione to be standing at at that moment, because there really wasn't anything left out of her viewpoint. True, she only saw the back of Pansy, but everything happening below was very visible.

Then Pansy noticed her. And things only got worse.

"What are you doing here?" the girl said, much too calmly, looking over her shoulder and still straddling the man below her. She peered past Hermione. "Oh, hey Draco. Would you mind getting the hell out of my bedroom?"

"Where have I heard that before?" he muttered, grabbing Hermione's shoulder and steering her petrified body out of the room. "Don't mind us- we'll be waiting in the living room," he called back, shutting the door behind them.