Headphones

A loud crash echoed through the area, then a tall man with spiky blonde hair sailed through the air and hit a giant rock

A loud crash echoed through the area, then a tall man with spiky blonde hair sailed through the air and hit a giant rock. The stone grumbled under the heavy impact and the man grunted in pain. He tried to get back up but before he even was able to heave himself up a ball of red and purple energy hit him right in the chest and pressed him further into the ground.
"Shit!" a curse pressed out through gritted teeth when he realized that he had no energy left to go on. While glaring at the sky above him, he heard steps and soon a thick blue braid dangled beside his head and you looked down at him with curiosity. "Already down, Laxus?". He snorted and turned his head sideways to evade your bicoloured gaze. "Lucky hit. It just isn't my day". A teasing smirk spread over your face at his cute pouting and reached your hand out for him to take "You mean like the last time or the time before?".

Yes, you were a strong mage. One of the strongest Fairy Tail had to offer, but you never had thought you would be able to beat Laxus Dreyar. Still you did, many times and you weren't getting tired to tease him about it.

Laxus grumpily pushed your hand away and got up himself. "Oh, come on. Don't be so sour about it" You danced around him while he began stomping towards the guild. "I'm not sour". He still kept avoiding your gaze and with a brusque movement turned once again away from you. "One day you'll surely beat me and then I'm sure it also will work out with Mirajane". You felt a slight sting in your chest when naming the pretty woman.
"What?!" abruptly he stood still and looked at you with an unreadable expression. Something between anger and was it disappointment? Not the reaction you had hoped for, but you quickly covered it with your usual sassiness and made a dismissive gesture "She's strong and I'm sure she also wants a partner who can match her"
A second longer, Laxus just stared at you, the a cursed something under his breath and in a flash of lightning he was gone, while you kept starring at the spot he had been standing. This time you probably had overdone it at little. "Shouldn't have mentioned his love life" you mumbled and subconsciously rubbed the cold spot right above your heart.

Though it might not look like it, you did like Laxus, quite a lot actually. He was sexy, smart and underneath that often so arrogant shell was a big heart. You enjoyed the training sessions since it was the only time you were able to spend alone with him. Otherwise his tribe always would be around him. It also was the only time you didn't have to think about how to act around him. As soon as you were done, you would become self-conscious and had no idea what to say or do, so you always start to tease him to cover up this fact. You blew out a heavy breath. There was no reason anyway to try to get closer to him as you were sure that he already had his eyes on Mira. And who could blame him for it. She was beautiful, nice and strong, while you were annoying, had a too big mouth and two different freakish eye colours.

Your train of self-pity was interrupted by the reason for the same itself. Mira suddenly was standing beside you and waved her hand in front of your face "You there?"
You shook your head and smiled sheepishly at her "Yeah sorry. Just deep in thoughts" "I've noticed". The fellow mage laughed, then told you about the party this evening for whatever reason. As if the guild would need a reason to celebrate and since you had nothing better to do anyway, you agreed to come.