Part 3

Avery POV

A few days later and Avery receives confirmation that she has been chosen to appear on the show along with instructions on when and where to sign her contract.

Sitting in the rather sterile room, she begins having second thoughts about appearing on the show and is just about to leave but is met by Joseph at the door along with another man in a suit.

"Avery, this is Zack, he is from the legal department; he is just here to observe and sign the contract on behalf of the network. Did you have any questions about the contract? I know you had someone review it and request a few changes."

"I did, mostly pertaining to confidentiality concerns with regards to my employment and clientele. I also noticed upon further reading a clause in it that stated I may have to relocate if my match isn't from this area and I'm not willing to do that as it will affect my practice."

"I understand, and you needn't worry as the woman you have been matched up with is in Atlanta. We do our absolute best to ensure that all of our couples are from the same general area; however, depending on their employment situation, there may be some travel required during the process."

"Ok, that sounds reasonable."

"Alrighty then, if you can initial here and then sign here on both copies, we can all be on our way."

Avery takes the pen that is handed to her, initials and signs both contracts before handing the pen over to Zack, who then signs underneath her signature, making it official.

Zack stands up and takes a copy of the contract before leaving the room.

Joseph sits across from Avery, "I'm delighted they chose you, and I'm interested to see how you and your match will get along."

"I don't suppose you can tell me anything about her, without breaking some sort of rule."

"The only thing I will say is that she has a beautiful smile."

"Really, that's all you're giving me?" Joseph laughs, "Yep, I really hope this works out for you, Avery." "I hope so too!"

Avery's phone beeps, "I have a session soon, so I will be heading out now; what is the next step?"

"You head to your session I'll be sending you an email very soon with the schedule for everything."

"Okay, thank you, Joseph." Avery stands up and shakes his hand before making her way out of the office, down to her car and then driving to her own office in time for her appointment with an Atlanta Braves pitcher, who has been struggling with his control and confidence.

Arriving back at her office, she stops to grab a coffee from the stand in the lobby before making her way up in the elevator. Unlocking her office door, she places the cup on her desk, retrieves her laptop from her back and then sits down for a few minutes to collect her thoughts before the session with the pitcher. She really hopes the session goes by quickly as the lefty tends to be a bit touchy, feely with her regardless of how many times she has asked him to stop and respect boundaries.

Thankfully, the pitcher got shelled in his last outing and is more focused on lowering his ERA and maintain his position in the starting rotation rather than pursuing her on the day.

Once he has talked through everything with him and given him a suggested list of goals to focus on prior to the next session, he makes his way out, and she is able to transcribe her session notes written down on her pad into a typed folder on her computer. After completing that she sends the paper with notes on it through her trusty shredder.