Part 19

Kelley lays in bed, she can't get comfortable, she can't sleep, her head is filled with thoughts about how Avery is going to receive the news. She climbs out of the bed and makes her way down to the kitchen, making herself a tea and sitting down to drink the hot liquid in hopes that it will help relax her.

"Kel?"

"In the kitchen." Avery stumbles in causing Kelley to laugh at her. "I woke up and you were gone, what's going on?"

"Just couldn't fall asleep, go back to bed, I'll be up soon."

"You sure?"

"Yes, and put a light on so I don't end up having to pick you up from the bottom of the stairs."

"I had to pick you up off the floor, seems only fair that you would pick me up from the bottom of the stairs."

Kelley shakes her head, "I'm not living that one down anytime, soon am I?"

"Nope. I'm still trying to figure out how someone who plays like a bulldozer on the field, could get taken down by a little needle."

"We all have our own kryptonite, babe, mine is needles." Kelley stands up and puts her cup in the sink before taking Avery's hand, "Let's go to bed, I'm tired now."

The next morning, they get up and change into some running gear before heading out for a long run. They grab a quick shower together and head downstairs for some breakfast.

They sit down and drink their coffee along with Karen, "So, what are your plans for today?"

"I thought we could all just hang out and maybe later Doc and me could go for a drive around and I could show her some remnants of my younger years."

"Do you want us to bring out the photo albums?"

"NO!!" Kelley shakes her head.

"Yes, I want to see little Kelley."

"Okay, Avery, I'll get them out for you."

After lunch, they decide to go for a drive and do some sightseeing.

"Any place you want to go and see Doc?"

"Not really, I don't have a ton of good memories attached to this area."

"I wish there was something I could do to change that for you."

"Kel, whether you know it or not, you have changed things for me and I'm forever thankful to you for it."

Kelley turns to the backseat and looks at the camera guy, "Can you take a walk, please? I want to talk to Avery alone for a minute."

He gives them five minutes.

"I didn't want the camera to record this as the Network won't approve of me breaking the rules. Avery, in a little over a weeks time we are going to be revealing our decision if we are going to give us a go or get a divorce. I've fallen in love with you Doc and I'm not planning on asking you for a divorce."

"Kel, I've already made my decision as well. I'm going to ..." Avery stops as the camera guy gets back in the car.

"Ready to head back? I promised my Mom I would help her make supper."

"Yeah, let's go."

They enjoy a family supper together and after helping to clean up making their way into the living area to hang out.

Karen stands up, "Kelley, can you help me for a minute?"

Kelley follows Karen out and is handed a box of old photo albums, "Are you planning on telling her?"