Part 4: Alone

Alone, once again. Bowser, despite proclaiming that he loved her multiple times before this fiasco, rarely checked up on her. Nobody cared for her. She was a toy, discarded in the back of the box, collecting dust. The wedding was less than a month away. A month until she was forced to rule a broken kingdom alongside a psychopath. She sighed and pulled out the pink diary she'd managed to smuggle in, flicking through the depressing entries until she reached today. Peach grabbed her pen and began to pour out all her feelings onto the page. Once finished, she sat back and read the entry as the first rays of sunlight began beaming through her window and lighting up the dark words, as if trying to cheer the princess up.

Day 35

I haven't slept in what feels like years but has only been about 2 days. It's difficult adjusting to my new life here. Not much of a life, but a life nonetheless. Unfortunately, it is a life I wish didn't exist. Maybe one day I'll be set free from this prison, but as of now, that day doesn't seem like it'll come anytime soon. I wish it would. 

I don't know why I haven't protested against this treatment yet, perhaps I'm just scared. Yes, I am just scared. Scared of Bowser, scared of what he'll do to me and my friends. It's screwed up, this place. It really is. I wish none of this had ever happened and I could just stay in my castle with my beloved Mario. But none of that will ever happen now. The castle is a pile of rubble and Mario is buried somewhere. Bowser won't let me visit his grave. Maybe he doesn't know where it is or he's trying to erase all memories of him. I don't know anymore. 

I guess I am a broken puppet now, being controlled by strings that my captor pulls. I hope I die soon. I would jump out the window but unfortunately, all the windows are bulletproof and locked. They won't let me kill myself and they aren't allowed to kill me. I fucking want them to kill me but no, they need a Queen.

One day, I'll die within these walls. Whether that day is tomorrow or in 80 years, I do not know. 

I will never surrender and become the Koopa Queen.

I'm a princess, mom. I'll always be a princess. For you. 

-Peach

Things were as depressing in the dungeons as they were in Peach's room. Luigi had been crying non-stop, Rosalina was drearily murmuring words as she was lost without her magic, fights were breaking out in the cells and Daisy was barely holding herself together. She'd always had to be the strong princess who carried the weight of life on her shoulders as if it were a feather even if it weighed more than the earth itself. Daisy wouldn't let her emotions take over, she had to keep her back straight and a smile on her face. She had to keep everything in order.

"Good morning, dearest prisoners! For the first time, and last if you fuck up, Bowser has allowed you guys to go outside! How fun! I wish I was that lucky... Anyways, if you aren't back in your cell by 9, you get shot. How does that sound?" Waluigi yelled from somewhere in the room, cocking his pistol to garner more effect from the threat.

"Sounds great to me," she called, slumping back against the cold brick of her cell wall. She just wanted out, just to see the daylight.

"Thanks for agreeing, princess! You get an extra 30 minutes!" he yelled, walking around and unlocking the cells. Daisy mustered up a small smile, at least she would be able to spend some time alone with her thoughts. 

Once she was free, she walked the sprawling mass of land that Bowser had taken over. It was a warm day so the rays of sunshine gently kissed her skin and the wind ruffled her hair as she walked. For once, she felt at peace. Alone with her thoughts. Alone with herself. A single tear rolled down her cheek as she gazed across the land. For once, she didn't have to be strong. 

Bowser pinched the bridge of his nose, taking a deep breath before reading back through the paperwork. Paperwork was the worst thing about kidnapping. The princesses were always brats too, kicking and screaming and making empty threats. The cost of housing them was through the roof and they wouldn't put up with the cells. He hated every princess. They all looked down on everything they were given. They were all the same. They had ganged up on him so many times before and left him to fight his battles alone. 

But now, he was fighting with an army. An army of people who had once been as alone as him.

Peach had finally been let out of her room and was now sitting under a cherry blossom tree, thinking of Mario. She missed him. A lot. Bowser hated that she still loved the late plumber, but there was nothing he could do about it. She was still grieving. Having your lover be brutally murdered in front of you wasn't something you ever fully got over. She would never forgive Bowser. He ruined her picture-perfect life with a stupid crush. Rage bubbled up inside her. She wanted revenge so badly, even though she knew she couldn't act on that urge. 

She considered herself to be a peaceful person, never starting trouble or wishing death upon anyone, but for once, she wanted to kill Bowser. If only she could watch a machete slash deep cuts into his body and a gun send a bullet through his skull. If only she could watch blood stream down his corpse from the wounds. If only she could kill him herself. Peach sighed and screwed her eyes up at the anger of not being able to murder the man who stole the love of her life from her. 

Her life had been perfect before Bowser decided to wreak havoc upon her kingdom. She was set to become Queen Toadstool in a year, set to marry Mario in two, set to build the greatest kingdom she could ever imagine. Her citizens adored her. She had her life set out in a straight line for her. Nothing would have gone wrong but of course, Bowser wanted her for himself. She despised him. Vile, rude and selfish, that's what Peach thought Bowser was. 

He'd stolen everything she loved from her and now she was alone.

Alone with her thoughts, fears and an impending sense of doom. 

Alone with the things she never wanted.

Alone with herself.

Alone with the guilt.

I am so so so so so so so so sorry for not updating at all during this week, I had no time after school for anything. I'm sorry. I'll try and update whenever I can.