Chapter 2

On the morning they left, Hinata and Kageyama met the rest of the team, save for Tsuki and Yamagutchi. They stood around for a bit, chatting idly as Suga and Daichi conversed next to the bus a few feet away.
"Are you excited Hinata?" Nishinoya asked, pulling the Ginger's attention to him.
"Oh! Yeah! I'm super excited! I've always loved the idea of going on a roadtrip! Going with my friends will only make it better!" He answered excitedly, holding his hands in front of his chest, balled into fists.
"Y-" Nishinoya started, but he was quickly interrupted by Daichi.
"Ok everyone! Grab your stuff and get it loaded onto the bus!" He shouted, then grabbed his duffel bag and got on the bus. Hinata and Kageyama glanced at each other, Hinata flashing a big smile. They then grabbed their bags and started onto the bus after Daichi. They went to the very back and dropped their bags in the very last seat, then came around and sat in the seat in front of it. Kageyama sat first, next to the window, and Hinata plopped down next to him. Nishinoya brought his bags and put them in the seat next to where Hinata and Kageyama were sitting.
"You know there's enough seats to sit alone right?" He asked as he walked forward and sat in the seat in front of his luggage, leaning over to see them.
"Yeah, but Tobi forgot a blanket, so I figured if we sat together, we could share mine!" Hinata explained. Kageyama's head jerked to look at him after the mention of the nickname. It took a good five seconds for Hinata to realize what he said but after he did, he covered his face with his hands and sank down into the seat, his face turning every shade of red.
"Tobi huh? Is there somehting you first years aren't telling us?" Nishinoya asks, then Tanaka came up behind him and patted his back, leaning over to look at the first years. Kageyama was now staring out the window, hiding his face, but you could see the bright red blush on the tips of his ears. Hinata was still in the same position, but he'd pulled his knees up to his chest as well, willing the second years to leave them alone.
"Woah, hey Noya, what'd you do to the first years?" Tanaka asked, and Hinata sank even further, letting out a long grumbly whine, like the one you make when you don't wanna wake up.
"Well, Hinata just called Kageyama Tobi, I mean, calling someone by their first name is one thing, but a shortened version as their nickname is a whole other story." Noya stated, sending Tanaka a bit of a lenny face.
"Oh I see, so you think our little first years might be getting friendly?" Tanaka responded as he leaned further to get into Hinata's face.
"N-NISHINOYA~SENPAI! TANAKA~SENPAI!!! ITS NOT LIKE THAT!" He shouted, sinking even lower into the seat.
"Nishinoya, Tanaka, I don't know what you're doing to Hinata, but if you don't stop I'm taking away your WiFi privileges." They all heard Suga yell from the front.
"But Suga! He and Kageyama are sitting together!!!" Nishinoya whined, spinning around throwing a pouty face at him. Suga rolled his eyes.
"I don't care, stop harassing the first years." Suga retorted, walking to the back and flicking Noya's forehead. Noya yelped and rubbed his forehead but he fell back into his seat, and after putting his stuff in the same seat as Noya's, Tanaka took the seat in front of him. Asahi sat down in the seat in front of that, while Daichi was at the wheel. Suga had put his stuff in the seat in front of Hinata and Kageyama, along with Daichi's and sat in front of that. After a few minutes, it seemed that everyone had forgotten and Hinata pulled out his laptop. He leaned over, resting his head on Kageyama's shoulder, and sat the laptop on his knees, which were still propped up against the seat in front of them.
"Wanna watch Netflix with me Kageyama?" Hinata asked as he clicked on the program. Kageyama, who'd been staring out the window turned and hummed at him at the mention of his name.
"What?" He asked.
"Do you want to watch Netflix?" he asked again.
"Oh, sure." he replied flatly.
"Ok, what'd'ya wanna watch?" he asked as he clicked in the search bar.
"The Office?" Kageyama asked, sinking down a little to be level with Hinata's head and wrapped his left arm around Hinata's waist, it would have been suffocated between them had he not. Hinata tensed for a moment at the gesture, but settled back down quickly. He typed in the name then clicked on the show Kageyama had suggested.
The two of them sat, laughing at the stupid show for the next couple of hours, making it through two seasons before the bus came to a stop. Kageyama, who'd been alerted by the inertia, sat up, and took out his earbuds. He popped his head up over the seat in front of him to see Daichi standing up to stretch. He looked out the window and found that they were stopped at a 7Eleven. He tapped on Hinata's shoulder, who moved his head from Kageyama's shoulder and looked out the window.
"Oh." He mouthed, then put his laptop back in it's bag and stood up, stretching his legs for the first time in several hours.
"Alright, ten minutes, bathroom, food, drinks, all that jazz. Go." Daichi stated, and everyone went flooding off the bus. Nishinoya, Asahi, and Tanaka all raced for the bathrooms, but Hinata and Kageyama went straight for the food. Hinata grabbed four bags of peach rings and two bags of sourpatch kids, along with a liter bottle of peach fanta. Kageyama grabbed two family size bags of popcorn, a bag of beef jerky and a specialized massive Starbucks bottle of mocha frappe. They walked down the counter, their left and right hands entwined, their other hands carrying their food. They stepped up to the counter and set their stuff down. They were about to pay when they heard the bathroom door open and dropped eachother's hands, stepping away from eachother. They quickly payed and left the store, avoiding contact with their teammates at all costs. They hurried outside and climbed back onto the bus. Sitting back down, they both finally looked at eachother after a solid minute of not meeting eachother's eyes. They both burst out laughing,
"What's so funny?" Suga asked as he boarded the bus.
"Oh nothing Sugawara~Senpai!" Hinata called up to him, looking back to Kageyama and continuing to giggle.
"Yeah, okay lovebirds!" Suga called back before hurrying back off the bus to go talk to Daichi. Hinata and Kageyama both simultaneously stopped laughing, the bus suddenly filled with an eery silence.
"Does he know, or is he joking?" Hinata finally asked, but before Kageyama could respond, Nishinoya jutted in.
"Know what?" He asked as he sat down in his seat.
"Um. Uh. Sorry senpai, I can't tell you." Hinata quickly explained. Nishinoya huffed but nodded, deciding he'd rather not get in trouble for 'harassing the first years' again. He slumped back, soon joined by Tanaka and Asahi. After five minutes Daichi and Suga both loaded back onto the bus, Suga's hands loaded with both he and Daichi's snacks for the ride. It was sno secret to the rest of the team that they were dating, and they were perfectly comfortable with that. It also added to their nickname's dynamic. Mom and Dad.
"Alright, everyone set?" Suga asked after setting the snacks down in his seat.
"Yup!" Everyone announced cheerfully. Suga gave Daichi a thumbs up then sat down and they pulled out of the gas station.
Hinata and Kageyama watched the office for only another hour before Hinata fell asleep, both arms wrapped around Kageyama's arm, and the blanket pulled up to his shoulders. Kageyama was awake for a little longer, but eventually he fell asleep as well, his head rested on top of Hinata's.

By the time Hinata woke up, it was 11 and Daichi had pulled over at a rest stop and joined Suga in his seat to sleep. Nishinoya, Asahi, and Tanaka had all crammed into one seat and they were sleeping together as well. He glanced down at his lap. His laptop was dead and the blanket had fallen to his waist. He closed his laptop, gently taking Kageyama's earbuds out, along with his own, and then put the earbuds and laptop away, leaning over to put the laptop away behind him. He grabbed the blanket and threw it off, then he untangled his arms from around Kageyama's and stood, stretching his legs again. The movement however, stirred Kageyama. Hinata held his breath, not wanting to wake him, but he quickly settled back down, going back to sleep. Hinata smiled and went to the front of the bus, pulling his phone off the charger and stepping outside. The second the cold air hit his warm skin, he quickly jumped back on the bus, and went back to his seat. He painstakingly shook Kageyama awake.
"Mmmnnn, what is it Shou?" He asked in a low whisper as he opens his eyes. Hinata laughed nervously.
"Sorry Tobi, I need the jacket, we're at a rest stop and I need to go to the bathroom." He explained. Kageyama nodded, reaching back and grabbing his backpack. He pulled out a large dark blue jacket and handed it to Hinata, then put in his team jacket on himself. Hinata slipped the large blue jacket over his shoulders, it engulfed him, the sleeves going a good six inches past his finger tips, and the ends reaching to his knees.
"Uh, sorry Shou, that's the only clean one I had, and it's a little big on me too." Kageyama apologized. Hinata looked up at him and shook his head.
"No, this is perfect, thanks Tobi." He replied, then turned toward the door and headed up the aisle. Kageyama followed, and they stepped off the bus together. Compared the warm, familiar bus, the car lot was eery, and freezing cold, the dark, moonless sky engulfed the entire area in darkness, and the pure silence besides their footsteps gave Hinata chills so he grabs onto Kageyama's arm, holding him close, his black hair and almost all black clothing completely invisible in the darkness.
"Tobi, why is it so scary out here?" He asks in a low whisper.
"It's probably because it's dark and quiet, chill out Shou." Kageyama reassured him.
"Mmmmnnnn" Hinata groaned in distress.
"Do you wanna listen to music, turn on a flashlight, anything?" Kageyama asked, pulling his phone out of his pocket. He felt Hinata nod furiously against his arm, then turned on the first song on his playlist. "Hey There Delilah" by the Plain White T's. Then, he turned on his flashlight, and they walked in silence across the lot to the bathrooms, the lovely stream of music from his phone easing the eery setting intensely.
When they returned to the bus, they were quiet, careful not to wake anyone. They quickly scurried to their seat and settled in, pulling the blanket back up to their shoulders, and went to sleep. They didn't know that the first time Hinata had woken up, he'd awoken Suga, with the loud tap of his laptop closing. Suga wasn't a heavy sleeper anyway, but he felt compelled to be on higher alert considering they were in a new and different place. Suga smiled as he watch the two young first years settle back into their seats. He'd known they were dating, easy to see, but he was definitely upset that they'd hidden it for so long. He sighed to himself, shaking off the feeling of disappointment, then curled up into his boyfriend again, and went to sleep.