-One year later-

Adrian stood in shocked silence as I told him the story and it reminded me of all the times people had done that to me. "Aww Lizzy you should have told me earlier." He said and looked at me with a look of horror and sympathy. "What about Penny though?" I laughed at his expression. "Penny was nice to me again. The Penny I hang out with this year is the same one I have hung out with for many, many years." His jaw dropped.

"And you were raped?" I nodded.

Adrian was my new boy and I loved him strongly. The first time we met he saved my life. Literally. I had been swimming in the waves at the beach and my mind was preoccupied with thoughts of John and the jail and Anna and Jaylee. Suddenly I realized I was in deep water and was floating far from the flags. I gasped and spat our water as I noticed I was drowning. I kicked and tried to scream but my lungs were to full of water.

Suddenly I felt my weight disappear and I wasn't drowning. I turned and a man with a board was behind me. He lifted me onto it and smiled at me. "It will be ok." He had a soothing voice and a tanned handsome face that made me feel reassured. I grabbed the board and held on as Adrian paddled as both to the beach. When we had got to the beach I collapsed onto the sand and began coughing and spluttering to expel the water from my lungs but it wasn't working. Adrian handed me a container of sticky, grey ointment and told me to breathe it in.

It worked and I owed Adrian so when he invited me to dinner that night I immediately said yes. Besides... He was kinda hot... All thoughts of John and that jail and court vanished from my mind when I was with Adrian and he made me feel peaceful and calm around him. We were both 17 but it felt like we were little 12 year olds with a silly little crush. A few weeks later I first kissed a boy. It was Adrian of course. I decided that as long as I was with him I would never worry about John again.