002

The nausea swirled unrestrained in my empty stomach. My head swam with half-formed regrets. My heart felt as if my blood had become tar as it struggled to keep a steady beat.

My melancholy mood hung over me like a black cloud, raining my personal sorrow down on me wherever I went. Even the colours of the spring day were drab to me now and the birdsong like so much noise on a child's glockenspiel, grating my nerves.

It's been months now, how many months is what I didn't know . Everything was bleeding into one long day .

I didn't think I'll even have a mate I guess I was right . I was stupid for having hope . Actually believing someone would save someone like me? My own parents didn't want me , did I really think he would?

I laughed sadly feeling a few tears fall down my pale face. I quickly wiped them taking a jagged breath .

I was working in the pack house today , unfortunately. I was baking for this upcoming ceremony. I'm not allowed to go , no one from the servant house is . I heard whispers from other girls.

I always listen to their hush whispers they always sound so loud to me .

"I can't wait for the farewell ceremony." One young girl whispered .

The other responded ,"I know I'm so happy for Odette . Her husband is gorgeous." The older girl squeals

The young girl smiles,"Alpha Jonah and Luna Odette . " she swoons

My blood ran cold as my body frozen in place. He wanted Odette . He choose her.

It was as if reality had slapped me in the face . Hard .

My eyes were so sore from holding back the tears uncontrollably accumulating inside my head ."You knew this would happen , didn't you ," A voice whispered in the darkness inside my head ."You were prepared for this ...weren't you ? Heartbreak is all you know ."

But we both knew the answer. I never had the courage to prepare myself for the worse . I was foolish to think my life couldn't get any worse .

All I am is sadness, every other emotion pushed from my being. It was robbed from me once I was born .
Where there was the love, the light, the laughter is an aching hollowness.

I wasn't paying attention when my hand went to the hot stove. Once my palm touched its steaming surface , I winced harshly grabbing my hand .

The girls laughed in harmony "Geez can she do anything right ?" The girl snicker .

"Definitely not cook , everything she makes tastes terrible." The other teased.

My eyes softens as I held my hand jetting to the nearest bathroom . I did my best too push their words away .

I closed and locked the door behind me . I sat down on the toilet staring down at my hand . It was already blistering I winced as I stared at it . That's great .

For some reason my heart felt way to heavy for me to function. Way to heavy to breath properly . I stood up looking at myself in the mirror , my dull eyes staring at me .

I looked tired , too tired to work . Too tired to live healthy.

One long disappointing look at myself I was out of the bathroom. I was exhausted and my hand held a lingering pain .

I made my way towards the exit of the pack house keeping my head down. I couldn't cook with my hand badly burned like this .

My bed was calling my name , isolation was yelling it . I didn't want to be around anyone.

"Where do you think your going ?" A firm masculine voice grits . My body was frozen in " I have orders for you to bake until tonight."

I kept my eyes down nodding weakly,"Yes sir." I whispered heading towards the kitchen once more .

I was truly in hell.

——

Vote please and Comment