Chapter 3: Argument

You should say yes.

That was the only thing Sophie thought about as she walked home. She knew light leaping would've been faster, but the frigid air helped her think. Besides, she was so distracted right now that she probably would have faded.

Did Alya mean she should go to the wedding with Keefe? How much had she heard? Why? Didn't she know Sophie was engaged to Fitz? Did she mean just as friends?

Of course, Sophie chided herself. Of course she means just as friends. What else could she mean?  Sophie decided to let the matter rest. She would ask Alya about it tomorrow.

~~~~~~Time skip brought to you by Prinxiety~~~~~~~~~~

When Sophie walked into the house, letting a gust of wind in, she was immediately greeted by Fitz yelling. "Where HAVE. YOU. BEEN." (Potterheads? No one? Ok I'll stop.) "I thought you were DEAD!"

"I walked." Sophie muttered, looking down.

"You walked." Fitz sneered. "With whom, may I ask?"

"No one." Sophie said, a bit taken aback.

"So I'm supposed believe that you just spontaneously decided to walk home?"

"YES!" Why was Fitz being so weird?

"Good one. So, whose the lucky guy?"

"What is your problem?" Sophie hissed.

"My problem is that you are cheating on me!"

"I'm not!"

"Prove it then." Fitz said, his arms crossed looking triumphant.

"What?" Sophie spluttered, "I just decided to walk home from Foxfire! Why can't I do that? I JUST NEEDED TO THINK! Why is it such a big deal?"

"Think about what?" Fitz said, his tone softening, though his eyes were still narrowed in suspicion.

Sophie knew she should tell him about Keefe. Ask for permission to go. But she thought about how he was glaring at her right now. Like she couldn't be trusted. She hated it. She didn't want him to make that decision for her. She was strong, independent, and she would decide herself. The problem was, she didn't know herself what she wanted to do.

"Nothing in particular. How I'd have to grade papers when I got home, how I haven't seen Mom and Dad in a few days, et cetera, et cetera." Sophie said, her voice mild, though there was an edge to it. She had decided to think about the Keefe thing herself, then tell Fitz where she was going.

"You're a liar. Fine, if you don't want to tell me, fine. Don't expect me to be happy about it though." Fitz said.

Sophie's anger returned. "WHY WON'T YOU BELIEVE ME?! I'M NOT LYING!" And it was true, she had spent time on her walk thinking about how Grady and Edaline hadn't visited in a while, and internally groaning about having to grade the kids test papers. And she did say that wasn't all, so she wasn't lying.

Fitz looked surprised at her outburst, and his face softened into one of regret. "You're right," he hung his head in resignation, "That was uncalled for. I shouldn't have invaded your privacy like that. Sorry."

Sophie immediately felt guilty about her decision to keep the whole wedding thing from him, but she knew it would just fire him up again. "It's okay." she choked out. No, it wasn't okay, but saying anything else would make Fitz even angrier. Truth be told, she was a little scared of him. But he couldn't know that. "Really, it's fine. Let's just go to bed."

---------------Hello, my name is time skip, and I'm here cuz the author lazy--------------

"Hey Keefe?" Sophie said. They were under the stars, having just finished a game of tag and a monster load of mallowmelt.

"Yeah, Foster?"

"Um...I...um," Sophie said awkwardly. She just couldn't seem to get the words out. "I-um..."

"Take your time, Foster." said Keefe, grinning.

"Um...I like you." Sophie said quickly, standing up and running away.

                                                                  ...         

It didn't take long for Keefe to catch up to her. The guy was lightning fast.

"Woah there, Foster." he said, grabbing her arm and pulling her in for a hug, "No need to go running away. I-I like you, too." he finished somewhat awkwardly. He smiled- not his humorous grin, but a real smile- at her.

The only thing Sophie could remember after that was how he had kissed her, and how she had kissed back. How it had been warm and welcoming, and how when they finally broke apart, she was smiling from ear to ear.

                                              -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-Le time skip-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Sophie had almost forgotten about the dream. Almost. But Keefe, curse him, decided it would be nice to pay her a little visit during lunch period. Which, of course, brought all of it back. Which caused her to blush. Which earned her a quizzical look from Keefe.

Sophie mentally slapped herself. What the heck, brain? Why do you need to make me blush? I'M GETTING MARRIED, for goodness sake. Jeez.

Keefe looked at her a little weirdly, and she realized must have been mumbling to herself. Gosh darn.

Luckily, the look left his face as quick as it arrived.

"Hey, Foster! What a pleasant surprise to see you here!"

"In my office, Keefe?"

"It's always a pleasant surprise to see you, m'lady." Keefe bowed.

"And where did that one come from?"

"I found this human show called Miraculous Ladybug and started binge-watching it and I AM IN LOVE!" Keefe crowed.

Sophie rolled her eyes. "Isn't that show for little kids?"

"You're never to old for Miraculous Ladybug, m'lady."

"Wow, Keefe, just wow."

Hello again humans!

Sorry for not updating. School started and life pretty much ended right there. BUT I AM STILL ALIVE. Also...

PEOPLE ACTUALLY READ MY STORY!!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! 😝😁😃

So...I need chapter name ideas 'cause I'm stoopid and have no creative side whatsoever. Can I steal yours? Comment if you have any!