Chapter Three

Soon there was only one piece of candy left, and it was Toby's turn to ask his final question. "Alright, Miss Smartypants. Last question. Since you're my best friend and you seem to know everything about me, you should answer this question easily," He paused with a smirk. "Who's my crush?" He asked with a clever smile.

This question left me completely blank. I mentally tried to come up with names before I listed off my answer. It could have been anyone; Jane, Zero, Nina, Trick, Sadie... Maybe it was Clocky, he talks about her pretty often. I decided to answer with Clockwork, but Toby shook his head and took a piece of candy from my pile. I got frustrated and mumbled that I didn't want to play anymore.

Toby asked what I wanted to do now that our game was finished. I shrugged my shoulders and offered to go outside. Toby helped me up and we made our way down the hall. We got to the main staircase and I grinned like a Cheshire cat.

"Do you think Slendy would get mad if I slid down the banister again?" My eyes caught the banister that was finally dried from a fresh waxing a few days ago.

My excitement caused Toby to giggle. "You're usually such a good girl, I-I," Toby was interrupted with a twitch "I like it when you bend the rules just a bit. I like it because when it's with you, we never get caught." He chuckled and smiled.

We both knew for a fact that Slendy said not to slide down the banister. He reasoned that someone could be coming up the stairs and get knocked down by the swift movement.

I sit on the banister and wrapped my foot around the bars to balance myself. "You coming with me, or are you taking the stairs?" I asked with a cheeky laugh. Before I could get a response, I unwrap my foot and kick off from the bar I was connected to. I was flying down the stairs, passing the third-floor landing, then the second, and was on my way to the first.

Toby jumped on the railing and was sliding down much faster than I was. I almost reached the first floor before he came barreling down and knocked me off the railing at the bottom of the stairs.

We were piled on the floor in a fit of giggles, but our joy came crashing down when Masky saw us on the floor. "Look at the lovebirds!! It's better than the Beauty and the Beast, except they're both freaks!" He said as he started laughing.

His laughing started to rile up my anger. "Shut up, Masky. You're just a nobody who finds their fun by bullying others!" I said through gritted teeth.

Masky rolled his eyes. "Wow. Super effective." He scoffed. "How about you take your advice, Raggedy Angel." He retorted.

Toby got up in Masky's face and was visibly seething with rage. "*NOBODY* talks to my friend like that!" He yelled.

Masky brushed off Toby's anger. "Whatcha gonna do about it, Toby? Are you gonna cry? Are you gonna try and scare me off with your huffy-puffing and twitching? Or are you gonna be a big boy and fight back?" He asked.

Toby stood there, looking as if he was about to boil over. "Bring it on, Timothy." He said with a hushed snarl.