he didn't mean to ~ swagger

trigger warning- domestic abuse

i walk into his room. "uh, s-swagger?" out of habit, i start scratching my wrist. god, that's such a bad habit. i glance at his desk before spotting a still-lit joint sitting in the ashtray by his arm.

he doesn't answer, so i just assume he's too into the game to hear me. after repeating his name a few more times, it was clear that he was definitely not listening.

i walk to his desk and look at him. "baby, are you listening?" he doesn't answer me again so i wave my hand in front of his face, causing him to die.

"why the FUCK would you do that?!" he shouted, ripping off his headset. my eyes widen quickly as he walks towards me. "you know not to interrupt me when i'm fucking recording." my back hits the wall and swaggers hand goes to my neck.

"i-i didn't mean to," i barely choke out as he tightens his grip around my throat.

"what do you say?" he growls.

"i-i'm sorry," tears start to pool in the corners of my eyes before i start to see black dots.

"i cant hear you." his face gets closer to mine. "what. do. you. say?" oh no, he's getting really mad now. this isn't good.

"i-i'm s-sorry." i try to say as loud as i can, but it barely comes out as a squeak.

"you fuckin better be." he drops his hand and i stand up straight while he walks back to his desk before sitting down.

i leave the room and go downstairs to start making dinner. "hey, emma, can you help me with thi-," mason stops talking behind me and i realize he can see the bruises around my neck.

i pull the hood of my sweatshirt farther up before turning around. "uhh, what did you need help with?" i look at his hands, noticing a notebook with math equations written on the page.

"em, did he do that too you?" i furrow my eyebrows, trying to act oblivious.

"what do you mean?" he walks towards me and i immediately flinch, not wanting to be hit again.

"emma..." he trails off, pulling the collar of my sweatshirt down to look at the bruises. "you need to break up with him. this isn't healthy."

i shake my head. "he didn't mean too, i know it. he just gets a little mad sometimes.." he shakes his head and holds his hand out.

"let me see your arm."

"what? no."

"emma."

"mason."

"seriously. let me see your fucking arm." he says, obviously getting annoyed. oh no, not again. giving up, i hold my arm out before pulling the sleeve back.

his eyes widen a little as he examines my cut up and bruised wrist. "emma, you can't keep doing this, he's not gonna change. you know that." i shake my head again.

"yes he will, i believe in him. he doesn't mean to do it, i promise." he sighs before dropping my arm. i pull the sleeve down over my hand and look at him.

"he says that, but you know he's lying to you." i shake my head before turning away from him, not wanting to continue this conversation any longer.

"what did you need help with?" i turn around again, only to realize he isn't standing there anymore. i hear loud walking across the floor upstairs before i start panicking. oh no, oh no, oh no. masons gonna say something to swagger and it's not gonna end well.

"you've got to be fucking kidding me!" mason yells. "how the fuck could you do that to such a sweet girl?!" i quickly go into the bathroom and sit in a corner, covering my ears and putting my head between my knees.

my body starts involuntarily shaking and i can feel tears streaming down my face. my mind runs through all of the scenarios that could play out, every single one ending very badly.

the door suddenly slams open and i jump, not wanting to look at whoever opened it. they grabbed a handful of my hair before pulling me to my feet by it. "did you fucking tell him?" swagger asks, venom dripping off every word. i shake my head as best i can.

"n-no, i swear i didn't."

"you fucking bitch, yes you did. you fuckin like him, don't you?" i shake my head again and he basically throws me to the ground. i land hard on my knees and elbows.

he leans down so our faces are practically touching before slapping my cheek harshly. "you slut." he slaps me again before leaving the bathroom.

i stay on the ground, curling into a ball before pulling my hood over my head and crying even harder.