Chapter One: Epilogue Begins

So maybe it had not been the best idea for Izaya, (admittedly) one of the most hated and sought after in Ikebukaro, to drink. But he'd figured 'to hell with it all.' He'd been stabbed for heaven's sake! Maybe that was why he assumed that no one would find him, wherever he'd ended up. Partially because HE had no idea where he ended up.

Turns out the monster had a vacation home. Or maybe it had something to do with it's brother? In any case, there he was. Shizuo in all his *uninjured* glory. He was in his usual vest, though he wasn't sporting a cigarette like he usually did. Izaya didn't care much for the details as to WHY or HOW Shizuo had some how ended up in the same place as him. He'd actually been hoping for a little peace as he tried to recover (drinking numbed the pain, they didn't have any painkillers wherever the hell he wound up).

So here Izaya was, sitting at some dingy joint trying to get a decent drink, when Shizuo comes sauntering in. That monster had no right to act so innocent! He'd put Izaya in this position, and now what? He gets to act like he's just your everyday citizen? No way. Izaya didn't have much of a say, at the moment, he was injured and away from all his contacts. He kissed his teeth, who knew being saved could actually put you in MORE danger? What was he supposed to do now, he didn't have a chance of getting anything (productive) done. In addition to his wound (it was relatively healing well, but still hurt like a bitch), he was moderately intoxicated. This would not help with his reflexes, nor would it help with his (already little) strength.

"I-zay-a!" The familiar rumble of his voice alerted Izaya to the fact that, while he had been thinking, he had been spotted. At first, he didn't react. He assumed this was the alcohol's affect, he would usually hate to be so close to the seething monster. Yet when he did, all he did was give an inward groan.
"I don't have time to play this game today. Find someone else to terrorize." His usual silky voice retained it's snarky tone, though clearly this only roused the blonde's anger.
"What the hell did you just say?! You don't have the TIME?!" Shizuo snarled in that gravely voice of his, Izaya suddenly off his chair (stool, really) as he was yanked up by his coat sleeve.

Izaya scowled at the beast's touch, knowing he probably wouldn't get out of it without ripping his jacket.
"No. I don't have the time to deal with your little temper tantrums you monster." Izaya was quite calm, knowing that Shizuo was causing a scene and would be the one to get in trouble if something happened. Of course, this had never stopped him before. However, something told Izaya that the fact that Shizuo was here on his brother's time would prevent him from starting something.
"You little-" Shizuo seemed to realize this mid-sentence, his sunglasses barely showing the movement of his eyes as he glanced around at the worried gazes.

Izaya couldn't help but feel relief as the grip on his coat was released.
"This isn't over, flea." He growled under his breath. Izaya did not have the brain power to think about it too much. He would deal with Shizuo later. Right now, his wound hurt like a bitch and his drink was calling him back.