Chapter Four: The Lion

When he woke up (how was he alive?) he was laying on a comforter, it's starch-white colour strange considering how much Izaya was- he wasn't bleeding? He slowly lifted his head, groaning as the movement emphasized his throbbing headache. He gridded his teeth, baring with it as he surveyed the situation. There were new bandages wrapped around his abdomen and his right arm, clearly just applied. He investigated further, pulling gently at the bandages to glance under at his stab wound. Looks like it had been restitched, though Izaya was hardly surprised it would need re-stitching after what he'd done to it.

Upon further inspection, he was in what looked to be a bedroom. The roof was low-hanging and dust trailed down the walls, caught in a singular ray of sunlight shining through a small window in the corner of the room. It was small and modest enough to mean he was still in his get-away location, but he'd never seen this place before. Then again, it's not like he was breaking into people's houses to check it out (not here anyway). There was a crumpled pile of laundry in the corner, which brought Izaya to the realization that he was not wearing his clothes. A blanket was up to his waist, but he was pretty sure he was at least in boxers. Other than that, he had nothing on him. His old clothes must have been soaked in blood and covered in dust..a fine mess he'd gotten into. Along with his clothes there was a blanket soaked in deep crimson. He'd really bled a lot..And that brings him back to how he'd gotten here. Last thing he remembered...his vision screwing him over as the beast loomed over him. Could it have been Shizuo who brought him here? He grimaced at the thought of the beast touching him, never mind undressing him. The movement jostled his stomach and brought up a throbbing pain in his side.

Feeling bile rise in his throat (likely at least partially do to his train of thoughts), he hurried to find a bathroom (or at least somewhere other than this room). He stumbled through the closest door, stepping out into the sun. He didn't have time to shield his eyes, already keeled over as he gagged. Awful retching sounds reached his ears as what remained of his dinner (several crackers shoved into his mouth because he was in too much pain to eat a decent meal) climbed it's way out of his throat. It burned his other senses, bringing him to his knees as he attempted to breathe. He felt the dust under his fingers as his stomach settled, leaning back on his knees to face the sky. The sun felt warm against his face, a small sigh escaping him as he struggled to recover from the stress put on his body. He slid back support himself with his hands, using the wall to help him stand. He felt light-headed, likely the result of blood loss, and it took him a moment to feel steady enough to move. He needed to find out where exactly he was, and get into a less vulnerable position. He couldn't do anything like this. First things first, he needed clothes.

Apparently he'd misjudged his ability to be out of bed, and the early morning sun beating down on him was not helping his condition. The feeling of nausea returned, along with a bout of light-headedness. It wouldn't be long before he- before he could finish his thought process he was already on the ground. A cough racked his throat as the dust settled, drawing the attention of a few passers-by.
"Oi." He knew that voice. A wave of frustration (followed closely by another bout of nausea) hit him. He'd just managed to get away from this bastard and yet here he was again. A firm hand wrapped around his arm, the information broker leaning heavily on the support in order to stand. But the blonde did not release him. Izaya would have made a quip of some sort if his consciousness wasn't already fading back out. He'd exerted himself too much in these last few minutes.