Chapter three

I woke up in the afternoon feeling refreshed and ready for the day. When I mean ready for the day, I mean lazing around and eating junk food that will fatten me up. I'm actually living a healthy lifestyle because I burn those calories that I eat at the gym, which I go to at 6pm.

I was feeling better today, rejuvenated and refreshed. I haven't felt like that in a long time.

I ate my breakfast in pyjamas and when I finished, I did my dishes.

I ended up binge-watching Bleach from the first episode to the 20th.

I would've watched up to the 50th if I didn't have to go to the gym. 6pm had rolled by and I was getting ready for gym.

I showered for the first time in the day, then put on my gym clothes. I also put on a sweater because the night was chilly.

Grabbing my phone, wallet and car keys, I headed to the kitchen and grabbed an apple. I took a bite while exiting my apartment and heading to the parking lot.

By the time I arrived at the gym, it was exactly 6pm. I shook hands with Jeffrey, my sparring partner.

"Hey, man. How you doing tonight?" he asked, a grin on his face. He had dumbbells in his hands.

I shrugged and said, "I'm okay, I guess."

"Okay, my man. Let's get working here."

And so, we've lifted weights and I ran on the treadmill for the remainder of my hour in here.

By the time we were done, Jeffrey asked if we could go get drinks. Of course being me, I said no. I was a light drinker and did embarrassing things that would come bite me in the morning.

One time, I pole-danced on top of a table with a stripper. She was a professional and showed me all the dance moves that were enticing when drunk, but embarrassing when sober. I couldn't live that down for a week. Jeffrey kept reminding me about it, literally breathing down my neck.

I showered in the gym's locker room. I had brought spare clothes to wear because I wanted to eat out tonight. I wouldn't go to a restaurant smelling of sweat and sweating like a pig, would I?

When I went to my car, Jeffrey was already gone and the night dark. I started up my car and drove out of the gym's parking lot.

Sometimes I wished that I had a life. For all my 24 years of living, I feel like I've been existing and not living. I'm just another faceless stranger in the city.

Well, I had a life. A life filled with joy and happiness, but it was short-lived. I had a taste of what living felt like, but then, just as it was there, it was gone in a flash.

When I arrived at the restaurant, it was 8pm and my time to take medication, but I overlooked that and proceeded into the restaurant, the air comfortable and warm, welcoming even.

The place was packed, people in business suits and fancy dresses filling it up. I was out of place because of the sweater and jeans I was wearing. Casualty in here was a no no.

Luckily, I found an empty table and sat down. The waiter came down after a while and took my order. Waiting for the food to arrive, I decided to call Shelly since I've also been ignoring her calls. Unlike Mom, she picked up on the third ring, breathing heavily into the phone.

"What are you doing?" That's the first thing I asked, highly disgusted.

She laughed, but more like panted as she replied, and out of breath, "Y-you are so funny, Jay-Jay. I'm jogging down the neighborhood. Just get your mind out of the gutter."