Before the 31 days

Juliana stood onto the railing on the bridge. This is what she wanted and she was ready. She put one foot forward and took a deep breath. She started to fall forward when she heard someone yell behind her. Before she knew it she was being pulled off the railing and onto the ground. She landed on top of someone and quickly climbed off of them. She looked at them and quickly recognized them as one of the popular guys from her school.

   "What the hell are you thinking?! Do you know the consequences of doing that?!" The guy yelled.

   "You don't know anything! You don't even know me!" Juliana yelled back.

   "That doesn't mean I was just gonna watch you die!"

   Juliana stayed quiet for a minute.

   "No one ever cares until you're gone. I thought if I died people would actually notice me..." Juliana said quietly.

   "I know who you are. My name is Alex Tyrastan and you're Juliana Gomez. You're in my 6th period art class. I sit behind you...I've wanted to talk to you for a while but I've been scared too"

   "...really?"

   "Yes...Let me make a proposition. Give me 31 days to change your mind and make you want to keep living. If at the end you still are unhappy, then you're free to do whatever you want. Deal?" Alex asked.

   Juliana sat there for a moment before looking into Alex's eyes.

   "Deal" she said and shook hands with him.