Chapter 1

I was in a middle of a duel with one of my best friends, Yuma. He taught me everything about dueling and me and him would so often hang out after school and duel. But just like the other duels with him, this duel ended the same way. Me losing and him winning.

Yuma: Woohoo!!! Another win for me!!!

You: And another lost for me. Well, that was a good duel.

Me and Yuma walked towards each other and shook hands.

Yuma: It was, and you were so close to beating me.

You: Yeah, that was probably the closest one.

Yuma: You wanna go again?!

You: Sure! And this time I-

(Ring Ring) (Ring Ring)

Suddenly, Yuma's phone started to ring. He picked it up and exchanged a few words on the phone.

Yuma: (Sigh) Fine~ Later sis.

Yuma hung up the phone and looked at me.

Yuma: That was my sister. She wants me to go home and finish my chores.

You: Dang, alright then, I'll see you later.

Yuma: Yeah, see you tomorrow.

Yuma turned and started to run to his house as I turned and walked the opposite direction. As I was walking, I was thinking about my duels with Yuma. I don't know what I was doing wrong, but my thoughts got interrupted by a familiar voice from behind.

???: That was a good duel.

I stopped and turned around to see that it was Tori, another one of my best friends. By the way, I've had a crush on her for a long time, but I don't want to say anything about it because I know she has a crush on Yuma.

You: Oh, hey Tori. So you were watching, huh?

Tori: Yeah, and I can see that you really improved.

You: I guess, but it's not enough to beat Yuma. He's way too strong. I can't win against him.

Tori: You can, you probably just need a little... I don't know, incentive, to win.

You: Huh? What do you mean?

Tori: (Giggles) I gotta go, I'll see you tomorrow.

Tori gave me a quick hug and ran off with a smile on her face.

You: What was that about?

I just shrugged and walked back home and in a few minutes, I arrived at my doorstep. I opened the door, and got to my room. I put my backpack down and looked through my deck. I was really into Fusion Summoning, unlike everyone else, that's what my deck focuses on. Everyone else focuses on Xyz Summoning, which is cool but I find Fusion Summoning better.

My deck is made up of Elemental Heroes. They're my favorite cards in the game. Ever since I saw Jadan Yuki use them, I knew I had to get them, so I've searched through so many packs and also bought some online for a lot of money, and it was all worth it. Flame Wingman, Thunder Giant, Tempest, Rampart Blaster, these are some of my favorite cards to use in duels. But I can't play my cards right, just like Jaden can.

(Ding!)

My phone went off, it seems that I got a text. I looked at my phone and the text I got was from Yuma.

Yuma: Hey Y/n! Tomorrow we're gonna duel! And the winner gets an awesome reward, so be prepared!

A reward huh? In that case, I'll use my best cards. I went over to my drawer and opened it. It revealed my Neos monsters and Neo-Spacians. These cards costed me way too much money, but I was able to get them in 2 months. These are my best cards I have but I didn't want to use them until I enter in important tournaments and stuff, but I'm done letting Yuma win.