11th Birthday

Amaris woke up as she heard her mother's soft voice calls from outside my door.

"Amaris, time to get up. I made you biscuits and gravy, your favorite!"

She yawns as she sits up, calling back, "Ok, mom. I'll be down in 10 minutes."

As she sits up she sees all her creatures are already awake. She smiles as they all make little good morning noises. She hops out of bed to start talking with them, in each animal's language. After feeding all her numerous creatures she walks over to her closet.

"What should I wear for today..."

She looks around her closet and find a black top with a plaid grey skirt. Quickly putting them on she grabs black flats, plopping down at her vanity. She looks into her mirror, pulling out a grey hair bow, and her favorite bracelet. She runs a little bit of hair oil through her curly hair before putting the bow at the back of her hair in a half-up, half-down, ponytail. Jumping up, she runs downstairs to greet her family.

"Good morning!", she smiles, hugging her mother and father.

"Good morning sweetheart.", both mother and father say.

She sits down excitedly for breakfast as our free house-elf, Willow, brings out the food. Willow has been with her family for 38 years, they freed her about 10 years ago but she stays with them since they became family. As they finish their breakfast, her beautiful barn owl, IvyStar, flys in with a letter in her beak. She gently reach out, take the letter and softly pet IvyStar. She looks down to see what the letter reads.

To Amaris Olympus,

183, North Hufflebrook

The bedroom above the gardens, full of creatures

I smile excitedly as I open the letter, not waiting for my parents to read the front.

Dear Miss Amaris Olympus,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Please find enclosed a list of necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on September 1. We await your owl no later than July 31.

Yours Sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress