Breakout

Town East of Mississippi

The pair stood around a table around, trying to formulate a plan. Conveniently Jonas found a map of the town in a desk. Plastering the map on the table he pointed to where they are. "Right now we are smack-dab in the middle of enemy territory," he stated. Pointing to an X outside of the town, "and this is where we have to go"

Laura nodded," How exactly are we going to get there?"

Looking up Jonas answered, "Good question." "We'll enter out the back. Then we'll follow the alley out to the main road. After that, we'll move left into this alley," moving his finger across the map.

Laura looked where he was pointing, "But a wall blocks the way out. Why there?"

"I got this," pulling out the block C4.

"Why do you have that?" questioned Laura.

Jonas smirked, " You never know. Alright. Let's load up." Grabbing his M4 Jonas walked to the back door," I'll go first then you follow."

"Alright," Laura replied.

Slowly opening the door Jonas cleared the alley, Laura followed behind him rifle raised at the roof. Moving down the end of the alley Jonas rose his fist. Peering around the corner Jonas saw a squad of UDF covering the road. "No way past them. We'll have to take them out," he whispered raising his M4. Laura moved to a wrecked car and followed suit. Raising three fingers he counted down. 'One, two, three' he mentally counted pulling a finger down each time. "GO!" he shouted as they both squeezed their triggers. The squad, caught off guard, fell dead as the shots hit their marks, The rest of them quickly ducked into cover and returned fire.

Bullets hit Jonas's brick wall spraying red dust all over. Laura rosed up and dropped another soldier, ducking when they returned fire. Jonas noticed that the squad was hunkered down, he primed a frag grenade. "Frag out," he yelled as he tossed it.

"Grenade!" called a soldier

"Throw it back!" called another.

It didn't matter as an explosion consumed their position sending blood and viscera across the road. Rising up from her cover, Laura swept her rifle across the road. Seeing no one she walked up to Jonas. "Nice nade, Chief."

"Oh. I'm blushing," Jonas sarcastically said changing his mag," let's get moving." Moving up the road the pair kept their eyes open for any movement. After a few minutes they were nearing the alley.

"How much longer," Laura asked.

Jonas looked back at her, "Not much longer only..." Jonas stopped as a silhouette rose from a roof with an RPG in hand, "CRAP RPG!" He fired his rifle, killing him, but not before he fired the rocket. Jonas watched as the rocket spiraled towards him. Without thinking he tackled Laura covering her with his body. A rocket hit near them bathing them in shrapnel and heat. Jonas looked down at laura making sure she was ok," Are you hit anywhere."

"N-nothing sir. Thank you," she replied blush covering her cheeks. Jonas pulled himself and Laura up, feeling something warm soak his pant leg he looked down.

"Shit," he swore. Blood colored his pant leg.

"Sergeant! Your bleeding!" yelled Laura. Jonas sat down against a wall and tore the bloody fabric. A piece of shrapnel was sticking out his calf. Grunting Jonas grabbed it and pulled, and with sick squish, it came out. Turning green at the sight, laura turned around and gagged.

"Come on Volk, let's go. It's just a flesh wound." Jonas said limping towards extraction. Laura, getting her bearings back, turned and followed. Nearing the wall that blocked their path Jonas spoke up. "Here's is what we are going to do. Laura, I want you to watch the alley, that's the only way to get in here. While you're doing that I will be priming the C4," he explained. Hearing footsteps reaching around the corner, Laura steeled herself and Jonas went to prime the C4.

"Reports said they went this way!" yelled a voice getting closer.

Laura aimed her rifle down the alley waiting for them to show. A soldier that ran around the corner was met by a barrage of bullets courtesy of Laura. The rest of them took cover behind different objects and returned fire. Switching mags, she released another barrage keeping their heads down. "How much longer Jonas!" she yelled over the fire. An explosion answering her questions.

"Head out the wall I'll cover you!" Laura ran out of cover as Jonas emptied a mag down the alleyway and followed suit. Running out into the open fields Jonas shoved his final mag into his rifle and radioed command. "We're out but we need air support over," firing his rifle at their pursuers.

"Copy Hunter-1, scrambling fast movers and extraction eta 5 minutes." Jonas and Laura ran into a barn that lay outside the field. Taking defensive positions they fired at the NPR forces. Hearing click Jonas's rifle ran dry he yelled, "I'm out!"

"I'm down to my last mag!" Laura replied hitting her rifle's mag release. The NPR was now only a hundred so feet from the barn. Switching to his sidearm he fired at anyone he could see. They were now only 50 feet out. Laura dropped her now empty M16 and switched to her pistol throwing the last of her nades. Emptying his third mag from his m1911, Jonas heard a hum in the air. Looking up he saw an A10 spewing death from its auto-cannon onto the soldiers. Chinooks and Apaches rose up from the hill behind them landing troops and wiping the rest of the soldiers.

Jonas stood up, sweat evident on his face, limped to an open chinook and sat down. Laura did the same looking more or less the same as Jonas. The helicopter started up and took off towards Motherbase. Jonas and Laura looked out the windows eyeing their allies as they entered the town, as their helicopter flew away.

Looking at Jonas's leg Laura asked, "How is it?"

Jonas looked at her, "How's what?"

"Your leg!" laura sighed

Jonas smirked, "Tis a flesh wound.