R&R and Harassment

"Seriously?" groaned Jonas. Laura was dragging Jonas across the crowded streets weaving in and out of the crowd, "Couldn't you make a plan beforehand?"

Looked at him and grinned, "I go where the winds take me." Jonas cursed himself for taking her to the city in the first place. Fortunately, Laura's eyes widened as she saw a sign hanging off a wall. Tugging Jonas she walked towards giddy as a child.

"Where are we going?" Jonas asked.

"You'll see." Entering the doors Jonas saw that it was an arcade. Retro machines lined the walls and newer ones too center stage. People of all ages loitered around the place, from kids to full-grown adults.

"An arcade?" Jonas questioned.

Laura jumped up, "Yep! I haven't gone to one in forever! Let's go!" Running up to the first machine she saw she reached inside her pocket to grab a quarter to play. She felt around and realized she didn't have one. Disheartened she remembered something, grinning at Jonas she held up her palm.

"No," Jonas said instantly knowing what she meant.

Laura whined, "But whyyyyy!?"

"Because it's my own hard-earned money."

"Only a couple of quarters."

"You get paid. So stop acting like a baby."

Laura pouted, "I haven't been paid yet. I promise to pay you back later."

Jonas caved in, "Fine. But stop asking me for favors." He reached into his pocket mumbling under his breath. Pulling out a dollar, Laura grabbed it immediately and ran off to exchange it.

"Cute girlfriend," called out an employee.

"She's not my girlfriend," he groaned. He stood there tapping his toe waiting for Laura to come back from playing her games. A couple of minutes later he looked around and saw someone with red hair running towards him with someone hot on her tail. He noticed it was Laura with a scared look on her face. Reaching him she hid behind his back.

"Protect me!" she yelled behind him. A large man walked towards him face etched with anger.

"You think you can hide behind your man you little piece of shit!" he yelled.

Jonas was confused, "Sir, what exactly did she do?"

He pointed to his face, "She punched me in the face." He looked at his compatriot who was still behind his back raising an eyebrow.

"He decided it was appropriate to touch my butt!" yelled Laura. Jonas glared at the man. A crowd began to crowd around them

He grinned, "It was a nice ass. What are you going to do about you don't look so tough..." A right-handed jab quickly took the words right out his mouth. Staggering back the man shook in anger, "Oh. you did it now." Bystanders watched as the two men circled around each other. He swung an uncontrolled haymaker at Jonas's face which Jonas quickly diverted away from him. He then followed with thrust his fist into the man's stomach knocking him back a few feet.

"Come on Jonas, beat his ass!" Laura from the crowd. Jonas paid her no mind as he dodged another haymaker. Grabbing the man's arm Jonas threw the man over his shoulder and dropped him onto the ground with a sick thud.

"I'll kill you..." he said as he rose up quickly stopping as he realized Jonas pulled out his service pistol.

"I have a gun and you don't. Now, will you please apologize to my friend," Jonas threatened to wave his pistol in the man's face. The man stood up a quickly said a sorry to Laura and ran off. The crowd quickly dispersed out of fear of him. Jonas walked to Laura, stuffing the pistol into his waistband.

"Sorry to get you into that." Laura sighed.

"No problem, I hate people like that," Jonas shrugged

She smirked, "Enough to hold a gun to his face?"

Jonas sighed, "That's because I wanted to end the confrontation sooner. And see it worked." As he said that a police siren could be heard near the front. A cop entered the arcade, "We got a report that someone pulled a gun in this establishment."

"Shit."

19:30

Jonas finally walked out of the police station massaging his wrists. After a lot of questioning, witness testimonies, and phone calls he was let go. Laura sheepishly stood at the corner waiting for him. "Sorry," she blurted out covering her reddening cheeks.

"It's fine," he sighed, "I'm hungry." The two started their walk down the sidewalk, Laura silently following him. Trying to break the silence Jonas turned around, "What do you want to eat?"

"Dunno," Laura murmured.

Jonas frowned at his companion, "It wasn't your fault."

"It is though," Laura said looking down, "I couldn't defend myself and I had you protect me. You were arrested!"

"I overreacted and pulled my gun. That was my fault."

"Still..."

"No. It was my fault and my problem, not yours." Jonas said and began to walk again. Looking behind him he saw that her mood brightened a little. Looking around him he looked for a place to eat. Eyeing a burger stand his eyes lit up. "I'll have a Double bacon burger please," he ordered. Jonas eyed Laura motioning her to order.

Laura contemplated her order, "I'll just have a cheeseburger." Grabbing their food they sat down and began to eat.

"Oh my god. It's so good." Jonas moaned as he ate his burger.

Laura raised her eyebrow as she took a bite of hers, "Why? It tastes normal."

He scoffed, "The juices of the burgers mix perfectly with the toppings. The burger is grilled to perfection."

"Over exaggerating aren't you?"

"No. I'm not."

Laura laughed, "So you're burger connoisseur?"

"I think that myself as one," he stated. The pair laughed as if the world was perfect, without a care in the world. Little did they know that everything was going to plunge into flames.