II

That day I thought it was my last... But it wasn't... This man... He saved me... I don't know why... But he saved me... Along with these two kids...
It took me some time, but eventually I woke up... Wait... Where was I? This wasn't my room...
I wanted to stand up, but two voices stopped me "Don't. You just woke up. You need rest." There was a boy with white hair with purplish accents and a girl with longer hair and the colors were switched. But their eyes were the same, twins probably...
But I was scared. Who are these two? Why am I here? What is happening?
"Don't worry. We won't hurt you little girl." Now the man walked in.
I clearly remembered how he came to me...
A kind and friendly smile on his with a beard decorated face. Sympathy in his yellow eyes and a warm and welcoming aura coming from all three...
I calmed... This felt... Right and nice...
The man put his hand gently on my head and started stroking it... It felt caring and warm... It was strange... But nice...
The two kids sat on the bed smiling kindly...
"I'm Kogami Kiyoshi. And these two are Ryoken and Ryoka. They saw you... When you..."
I understood immediately what he meant...
The memory is still painful and feels so real...
Like it's happening over and over again...
"But it's okay now. Because you won't have to experience something like that ever again"
Now I was confused. What did he mean by that?
But I still wasn't saying something scared that something might happen if I just open my mouth...

I felt a hand on my shoulder and saw the white haired boy smiling at me. Ryoken was his name, wasn't it?
"It's okay, Nee-chan"
Nee-chan? What did he mean? I'm not his sister...
"I-I'm not your n-nee-chan... My name is Ryujin Sa-"
I immediately covered my mouth and shut my eyes.... Now I definitely messed up...
But to my surprise... Nothing... No feeling, no impact, nothing...
They looked at me like I have seen a ghost...
"Don't be afraid Nee-chan. We won't hurt you... You're safe here... With us..."
Ryoken was really trying to get my trust... Ryoka or how her name was too, but Ryoken tried more...
Idk why... But Ryoka got my trust first in the end...
"Then... Welcome in our family Nee-chan"
Why Nee-chan? I'm not part of their family...?
That's what I thought at first...

"From today on, little Ryujin, you will be a part of our family!"
Kiyoshi was smiling while saying that... And it wasn't a fake one... It was pure and kind... Sweet and real...
Real... The last time I received something real... The hatred of my brother towards me...
But this... This was different... And I liked it.... I want to welcome it till this day... And I could... I thought this could be a trap and they would abuse me like my brother did... But this was never the case...
And from this day on...

"You'll be... A Kogami..."