IV

It has been two years since I got adopted and I had to say it was okay for the most part.
Sure, having a family and all that was great, but it never felt like I belonged there.
A strange feeling, but I was okay with it.
I often met with Jin in the park or at the place in front of the house.
He and Ryoken taught me how to play Duel Monsters and I loved to play with them!
But that day and the six months after, I learned that Duel Monsters isn't just a game...
In this world... You want to survive? You have to win

Jin wasn't coming to our usual place for a week and I thought he was ill or had something going on... But this wasn't the case.
I sneeked a lot with Ryoken into Kiyoshi's computer room or whatever it was.
But one day, I went alone... And found him... Oh, how i shouldn't have done that

Jin! And five other children I haven't seen before. They were dueling, but.... It didn't seem like fun. Cruel, painful, inhumane. That's what I thought when I saw what happened before my very eyes every time I went there...

How could someone do this to children?

I always watched Jin as he dueled no one.... "Ganbate!" "I believe in you!" "Win, so we can play together again!"

That's what I kept repeating to him, but also to myself. I believed in him and our friendship.

At this time I didn't know what was happening, what Papa was doing and why he was doing that, but I had a feeling that it was not good, so I worried a lot about them.... especially Jin. And so, I had no other option then watching and praying that it will end soon...

It didn't.

Even after six months and a lot of praying, the screams pf the other five children haven't stopped...
But the real horror began, when I personally witnessed Jin losing for the first time...
The screaming, the terrified little boy was anything, but my friend. I was scared... scared that he might got hurt, but I wouldn't move... couldn't. I couldn't breath...I was drowning in my own fear.

The last thing I know was that Ryo came hugging me telling me that everything was and will be fine before I completely lost concousiness...

I knew Ryo lied... He was crying... and it wouldn't get better for a long time...