Chapter 10: Little Bird

When I wake up, my whole body is shivering. I feel the cold metal under my skin before I feel the cold air from the air vent rise the hairs on my skin. My eyes pop open to reveal a bedroom, one that I haven't seen before but I'm guessing is in Spencer's house somewhere. Afterall, that place is so big that I haven't been into half of all the rooms.

I blink again before I realize what is happening. I look around me to find myself captured in a metal structure with golden bars similar to those in a prison cell. It looks like a giant bird cage hanging from the ceiling and suspended in midair about four feet off the ground. Next to me is a giant bed, bigger than a king, with many lavish-looking pillows and a stack of blankets on the bottom of the bed right below me. The theme for this room appears to be black with accents of gold, hence the gold cage, the black silky duvet, and intricate gold and black pillows. There is also a dresser on the other side of the room and a desk with an intricate chair. There are two main windows. A large one next to the massive bed and a small one by the desk. A chandelier hangs down from the ceiling in a similar fashion to my birdcage, only it drips with diamonds instead of my tears of desperation.

I notice indents within the bars in the shape of a door and I push on it hoping it will open. Of course that asshole locked it. The cold metal on my skin sends spikes of cold down my arms causing me to retract them and reminding me of how cold it is in here. Has the air conditioning always been this strong? And why am I all wet?

I'm wearing the same thing as before: the bra and underwear I was wearing at the waterpark. They're still damp. My hair still is also still drenched. I would give anything for a warm, fluffy towel right now. My eyes catch a stack of warm blankets folded at the edge of the bed. I try to reach my arm out to grab one but they are just out of reach.

"You like it?" My attention snaps to the smug Spencer standing in the door frame, "I bet it satisfies your submissive side."

"Spencer." I grumble under my breath, my tone dripping with disdain. I pull my arm back through the bars and fold it over my chest in anger meanwhile I stare daggers at him through the bars. "What the actual fuck is this?" I ask, gesturing to the cage.

"Protection," he smirks, coming into the room. "I have to make sure my little bird doesn't try to fly away again."

"There are so many other ways you could have accomplished that, but you decided to put me in a cage? A fucking cage? Like I'm some sort of animal? What the fuck were you thinking?"

"I am thinking that I've already told you several times that I don't want you using that type of language." Spencer's lips form a thin line and his eyebrows furrow as he walks over and stands by the foot of the bed, a few feet away from me. "First you try to run away, and now you're using ugly words even though I told you not to. Sweetheart, you've been very naughty today. What should I do to punish you?"

"How about you let me out of this cage, you sadist?"

"But sweetheart, you make such a nice pet," he smiles clearly knowing his words are getting on my nerves, "Plus, your actions cannot go unpunished."

"This is enough of a punishment. I'm embarrassed, cold, and uncomfortable. Now let me out."

He doesn't answer at first, just pierces my eyes with his intense glare as he walks right up next to the cage. On instinct, I shrink to the back of the cage, letting the cold metal pierce my skin.

"Oh don't shy away. I won't bite," he smirks, causing another shiver down my spine. I wrap my knees in my arms and put my head down on top.

"Spencer, why do you even own a human sized bird cage? How did you even find one of these?"