Chapter 3

After the ceremonies, Ash showered and dressed in a a dark blue shirt with black pants, before going out to join his fellow Elites. He noticed one person was missing.

"Where's Paku?" Ash asked his Elites.

"Last time I saw her, she said she wanted to be left alone and head to bed." Rosaline said. "She did send out all her Pokémon to eat though." She jerked her head towards the living room, where all their Pokémon were eating. Ash also sent out all his Pokémon for dinner.

Jude rolled his eyes. "Seems to me she doesn't want to be near you or something. Why did they even install the food service in our rooms?" He was irritated by her absence, as the food service meant she can eat in the comfort of Ash room, and who can blame him?

Ash internally facepalm at Jude as he and Pakura were planning something for Rosaline...Its was almost time to teach her a lesson

"I'm sure she's just busy preparing for the Contest and the Pokémon Showcase our region organized." Ash replied somewhat lying. There was a contest alongside the tournament too. While the tournament rounds are held in the morning, contest rounds were held in the late afternoon.

It works like a Grand Festival in other regions. Whoever wins the contest will get a special PAL Ribbon that allows them to compete in any region's Grand Festival they want, no matter how many Ribbons the winner has won. Which meant that even if this Ribbon is the only one you have, you still can enter the Grand Festival in any region. The winner also earns the right to meet any of the Legendary Coordinators of their choice up close.

As for the Pokémon Showcase, it would be held once the Top 32 starts, and it would be held in the late afternoon, and the Pokémon Contest would be help in the early afternoon. Whoever won the Contest would have a special Princess Key that would earn them the right to enter the Master Class of any Pokémon Showcases, no matter if the winner didn't have enough Princess Keys to enter the Master Class.

Pakura was designated to be the judge for both of them, which made her rather busy.

"Well, I think it's been one exhausting day." Rosaline said. "So let's eat."

The dinner came in courses. A thick carrot soup, green salad, lamb chops and mashed potatoes, cheese and fruit, a chocolate cake. Although Ash was used to the high quality and quantity of food back in the Plateau, he couldn't help but slightly stuff himself, although unlike a decade ago, he had much better eating etiquette.

As they finished the main course, Phillip started to talk to Ash.

"Hey, Ash?" Phillip asked tentatively.

"Hmm?" Ash looked up.

"What are you going to do if you're up against any of...them?" Phillip asked haltingly.

There was silence, as Ash answered coldly. "Their Pokémon would be in the Pokémon Center when I'm done. You guys too, if you are up against them, show them no mercy."

"Are you going to tell that to Pakura?" Jude asked, shuddering at Ash's tone. That tone usually meant he was out for blood.

"I don't have to." Ash replied. "And furthermore, they won't be leaving PAL alive."

There was silence, before Jude asked, "What are you going to do after supper, Ash?"

"I'll work on Celebi's Zap Cannon. It's still a bit shaky."

"Yeah, I think you better work on that too." Jude shuddered. Nothing disconcerted Jude more than that uncontrolled Zap Cannon, where he had an unpleasant experience involving one and him swimming in the pool some time back. Hopefully Celebi can control its Zap Cannon soon