Chapter 4

"What Pokémon are you going to use, Ash?" Espeon asked, as they sat on a couch waiting for the time to step on the platform.

"Oh, he said he wanted to take on Max's Pokémon all by himself." Ash replied, holding up a Luxury Ball.

"He's angry at what Max did to you, isn't he?" Lucario enquired.

Ash nodded, just as a female voice announced it was time for launch. They stepped on the platform, and as usual, the glass closed in from around them, before the platform lifted them into the battlefield, which was a neutral battlefield this time.

"The battle between Trainer Max and Champion Ash would commence in a neutral battlefield." Ken announced, as both the competitors were launched in the battlefield.

"Trainers, please send out your Pokémon!"

"Scpetile, I choose you!" Max sent out the Forest Pokémon.

'This must be his starter.' Ash thought, remembering Max said if he were May, he'd choose Treecko instead of Torchic.

"Your Pokemon looks strong, Max, but I'm afraid the battle would be won by me." Ash said calmly, as he took out the Luxury Ball with a gleam in his eye.

"He is one of my most powerful Pokémon Ash. I can win this battle.

"We'll see." Ash said softly. While it sounded gentle, the PAL Elites (except Pakura) shivered in fear because that was the very same tone Pakura would use before viciously attacking an opponent

"Lend me your aura...." Ash said, as he threw the Luxury Ball. The Ball opened, and Max gaped in shock as the Pokémon that materialized was small, white, humanoid Pokémon. It has short, stubby legs and comparatively longer arms. There are flaps on the underside of its arms, which give the impression of long sleeves. Its eyes had small, blue triangular markings underneath. On its head is a large, yellow structure with three points extending outward: one from the top and one on either side. On each point is a blue tag, known as a "wish tag".

"Y-You must have poached Jirachi!" Max shouted upon recognizing that this Jirachi was the same one that he helped reawaken during the week of the thousand-year comet as his partner and friend. Max thought Jirachi saw him as his best friend, so why is he under Ash ownership?

"And Jirachi chose to come with me." Ash replied calmly.

"No, he didn't! He wouldn't follow someone like you!" Max accused.

"Yes I did I joined him...!" Jirachi said, glaring at Max.

"But why? If you wanted a trainer, you could've gone to me!" Max protested. And that way, he would've had a Legendary in his team, and he would have won a league

"He is my new best friend now, Max!" Jirachi turned away. "I'm ashamed to be friends with you."

"Both Trainers ready?" Evan asked.

"No, not until Ash-" he said the name in venom, "-returns Jirachi to me!"

"Evan, just continue with the match." Ash interrupted. "I don't want to waste any time, and there are still people who want to battle today."

"Wait!" Max started, but Evan nodded and said, "Let the battle begin!"

"Jirachi, start things off with Trick Room!" Ash commanded. He knew Sceptile is faster than Jirachi (based on max speed), so he decided to use Trick Room to reverse their speed. Max didn't do anything, still dumbstruck on the fact that Jirachi is under Champion Red's ownership.

"Now, use Flash Cannon!" Ash commanded.

Max didn't say anything, thinking Jirachi would hesitate, but instead, it shot a powerful and fast Flash Cannon towards Sceptile.