To sleep

🌟A/N: SPOILER ALERT!(((there will be many POV changes in this chapter))) I write in third person POV, so far it's been 3rd person but narrating Harry's POV. This chapter has intimate themes and I wanted to capture both of their takes on it but it ended up switching more than anticipated. The POV changes are labeled but I'm sorry if it is confusing.
Ily
-Andy⚡️

⚡️⚡️⚡️
Chapter 6

✨3dpovharry✨
It was dark outside when Harry woke up in the owlry to Hermione shaking him and calling his name. He knew from his lack of memory that it had happened again. His head hurt badly, maybe from collapsing and hitting his head, he didn't know. Hermione bore a worried expression as she helped Harry from the floor of the owlry.

He had to lean heavily on her for support as they made there way down from the owlry to find Ron and retire to the Gryffindor common room. Harry's headache only grew worse as they ascended. Hermione was all questions, and answering with "I don't know" was becoming depressing.

He couldn't give her the answers she was looking for. She was more cleaver than to believe he'd simply fallen asleep. When she asked him if he was in danger he again told her that she didn't know.

"Harry you've got to tell a teacher." She said seriously. Harry shook his head furiously.

"I'm fine I'll figure it out." Harry said exasperatedly. As much as he appreciated her he wished Hermione would leave it alone.

"You're not fine someone's cursed you." She argued. "Tell professor Dumbledore or I will."

He groaned. "Hermione don't I'll figure it out." He repeated. They found Ron who's expression was just as worried as Hermione's had been. Hermione explained where she had found him and that he didn't know how he'd got there. For once Ron seemed to agree with Hermione. He also thought Harry should go to Dumbledore.

When they got back to the common room Ron and Hermione helped Harry into a plush armchair. He thanked them briefly, nursing his headache by gently rubbing his temples. His friends plotted on what to do and discussed what might've happened, occasionally asking for Harry's input. He wasn't much help.

It was very late by the time they all retired to their dormitories for bed. Ron fell asleep soon after his head hit the pillow and Harry wished he could follow suit but his brain wouldn't stop racing and coming up with his own theories on what had happened.

When he finally fell asleep it was almost dawn. He tossed and turned in his brief sleep. His dreams were abstract but strangely pleasant until a blinding light woke him a few hours later. It was early but he didn't attempt to fall asleep again. Instead he stared at the canopy above his head and thought about dark things.

He didn't consider himself and unhappy person, especially not at Hogwarts. But he hadn't felt much happiness in a while. Or at least he couldn't remember feeling much.

When the rest of the boys in his dorm woke, he rose with them, dressing himself and then walking off the breakfast with everyone else. Though the great hall was full of delicious breakfast options, he didn't feel like eating. His appetite had diminished rapidly in a short period of time. Meals became few and far between for him. Being sad and anxious tends to have that affect on people he rationalized.

"You look like hell mate." Seamus Finnegan commented when Harry took his usual place at the Gryffindor table. It was true. He had looked as under slept as he felt when he's chanced a glance at himself in the mirror while getting ready.

"Thanks." He muttered sarcastically as he forced down a bite of toast.

Classes that day were nothing but frustrating. His memory was failing him as he tried to recall various facts and spells when asked. He'd never been more frustrated with his brain in his life. He was suffering with remembering small things as well, like when a first year asked him where the bathroom was and he couldn't seem to recall.