Chapter 1: The Children

TW: Death, Abandonment, and Bad Writing. This is the only chapter with those first two things.

It was late and Shouta had just returned home from patrol. He was exhausted but he changed into night clothes and sat down to listen to the last hour or so of Hizashi's radio show. At the moment it was on some song on English. He might not understand all of it, but it was catchy so he guessed it was alright. As the song dwindled down and the next started Shouta stepped away from his phone to get a cup of coffee from their small kitchen area. They really needed a bigger apartment. As he began to fill up his cup there was a knock at the door.

"At 4:30 in the morning?", Shouta whispered to himself as he made his way to the door. Maybe it was the police, it didn't make a lot of sense, but it was all he could think of. To his shock it was not the police. It was no one. At least that's what he thought until he looked down.

There, at his feet, was a small basket. Inside that basket was what appeared to be a bundle of blankets, on top of that bundle was a note.

Not stopping to think it through he picked the basket up and brought it into the house, setting it on the counter in the kitchen. That's when the bundle of blankets moved and out came a small pink hand.
Surprised he pulled the blanket back and was met by two black eyes.

By this point he was super confused and angry, mostly angry. Who leaves their baby with a completely stranger?! Wanting answers he turned to the note. What he found didn't improve his mood.

"Please take care of her. I'm sorry to leave her in your care, but I can't stand the sight of her. And even though I detest how she looks, I do not want my child to die.  So please, care for her, if you can stand it"

"Wow, that's one terrible person right there", Shouta crumpled the note. He turned back to the child. Honestly he wanted to cry. Instead he picked her up.
"I guess you're stuck with me now kid. Sorry, but I'm not gonna put you through the system. I'm sure Hizashi won't mind".

The moment he said that, Hizashi said his goodbyes and ended his show, what amazing timing. Shouta picked up his phone to call his husband.

"Hey babe", Hizashi said, you could hear his smile, "Did you wait up for me? You didn't have to do that".

"Yeah, I do, but that's not what I'm calling about. Is there any 24 hours stores close to the apartment?"

"Yeah, why?"

"We have a situation. What store is it? Can you meet me there?"

Hizashi have him the store name and promised to be there as soon as he could.

-----------------

When he arrived, Hizashi expected some sort of disaster, or something, not a baby.

"Shouta, the baby's cute, but who's is it?", He asked walking up to him at the entrance of the store.

"That's the thing I wanted to tell you about", and with that Shouta filled him in on everything. To say he was mad would be an understatement.

"I don't even know what to say. Can I hold her?", Shouta simply nodded and handed him the baby, "She's so cute, how could someone be disgusted by this adorable face?"

"I don't know, but we do need to get supplies. I'm not even sure where to start", He said turning towards the baby section.

"Food", Hizashi said walking towards that many shelves of formula, "That's essential, don't worry, I got this. She's also going to need a car seat, diapers, bottles, pacifiers, clothes, a crib, blankets, wipes, and that's it for now"