Chapter 5: Mina Gets A Hair Cut

They were out shopping for school supplies, the three of them would be starting school later that month. Mina and Hizashi were shopping for her uniforms. Shouta had taken the two boys to get theirs.

"Do you need more ponytails? I know your Dad keeps stealing yours. I don't know why he doesn't just take them off our dresser, I have a ton. That's besides the point, do you need anymore?", Hizashi asked holding up a pack of scrunchies.

"About that. I was wondering if I could get a haircut. I mean, I like my hair long and everything, but it's kinda a pain. It's just too bushy sometimes and my horns make it even harder to put properly", She stammered on.

"Yeah, sure. How short were you thinking?", Hizashi turned to face her all the way.

"The same length as Izuku's. I know that's really short, but that's how I want it"

"Okay. Yeah. Let's finish getting stuff here and then why you go get the rest of you stuff, I'll see if I can make you an appointment. Cause if you're going that shorts it's probably best someone who knows what they're doing does it", He said.

"Thanks, Papa! I appreciate it!"

"Anything for my girl. Now let's hurry up and finish so we can get it done before we have to go home", Mina smiled and nodded.
--------------------
Shouta me the boys back to the food court where they were supposed to meet Hizashi and Mina.

"Um. Dad, they aren't here", Hitoshi stated the obvious.

"I can see that. Let's just go ahead and order. Why I do that, one if you call your father", He said walking up to the counter.

"I'll call, Papa if you call Mina", Hitoshi said.

"Okay", They both pulled out their phones and dialed the numbers. Only Hizashi answered.

"Hey, 'Toshi. We got delayed but we should be there in the next few minutes. Y'all just go ahead and order", He said before Hitoshi could even say hi.

He filled Izuku and Shouta in on what's going on. They all just sat at their table waiting for the food, Mina, and Hizashi.
--------------------

"And you're all done!", The lady cutting her hair announced, "What do you think?". Mina was turned towards a mirror.

"I love it! Thank you so much! Papa, do you think Dad will like it?", Mina turned to look at him.

"Absolutely. Speaking of which we're late for lunch. We better get going", He said paying the lady at the desk and thanking them for such a last minute appointment.
--------------------

"Oh, hey, is that Papa?", Izuku said pointing in a direction behind Shouta. The man turned to look.

"Yep", With that be sat back down the way he was facing.

Moments later Hizashi slid into the booth next to Shouta and Mina sat next to Izuku and Hitoshi.

"I like the hair. Is that what made y'all late?", Shouta asked gesturing to Mina.

"Yeah. I'm sorry about that, but I really wanted to get it cut", Mina said quickly.

"You're fine. It's cute. Frames your face well, make you look even more related to your brothers than you are. It's your father who should have told me what you were doing", He said looking up at his Husband.

"She wanted it to be a surprise! How could I say no?"

"By saying no. You're supposed to be the strong one"

"Whatever", Hizashi stuck his tongue out at him.

The kids just watched the exchange used to their parents occasional immaturity (it's more like teasing).

"Anyway, did y'all get everything you need?"Hizashi asked the boys.

"Yep! Wait to you see the notebooks I got. They have you in the corner!", Izuku said excitedly, "I also got some with cats for Dad because he doesn't have official merch". They were all a bit bitter about this and they were all planning on going to the next convention and search for fan made Eraserhead merch.

"I got the same ones", Hitoshi said.

"Good! And y'all are starting training soon right? Did you get the stuff for that?"

"I ordered that online. I'm going to have to rent a space for it and everything", Shouta explained and then turned toward Mina, "I know you don't need a lot of help with your quirk, but have you made up your mind on if you're going to do training with us?"

"Yeah, I probably will. It's always good to have a headstart and my quirk is still hard for me to use", She said.

"Cool! I'm glad you're joining us Mina", Hitoshi said.

At that moment Izuku's phone beeped. "K acchan is outside waiting to take us to dance. Are you ready to go Mina?"

"Absolutely. Bye Dad. Bye Papa. Bye 'Toshi. I'll see you later", She said standing and grabbing her bag. Izuku copied her movements saying a quick goodbye as they rushed out the door.

"So", Hitoshi began, "I got this giant 3D puzzle. Do you want to go home and help me put it together?"

His father's nodded and they made their way to the exit.