stairway to heaven

The next day was not as awkward as I assumed it would be. I woke up with a smile on my face, and sunlight shone through the windows of my Star Wars themed bedroom. What a day to be alive! I felt crazily energised, as if I had just chugged 3 red bulls in my sleep. I skipped my way downstairs in my plaid robe and bunny slippers, pushing my way into the kitchen where my mum prepared chocolate chip waffles and coffee for me. 'Hey muzza!' I greeted cheerfully. She snapped around, 'well good morning Eric! What's gotten into you this morning? You won the lottery or somethin?'. I chuckled, 'something like that, I 'spose.'. I still couldn't believe Donna kissed me last night! Does that mean she is my girlfriend now? I don't know. All I know is that I just scored the hottest girl in Point Place! She giggled, sliding the plate towards me. Man, I just couldn't wait to see Donna again after last night.

I jogged down the stairs to my basement, the sound of my slippers hitting the wooden steps echoing throughout the otherwise empty basement. I plopped myself down on the couch and thought for a moment about Donna and I's future. Would we get married? I sure hope we would. I can already imagine me waking up to her beautiful face, and falling asleep next to it too. The idea of us sitting around our cute dinner table in our suburban house with a white picket fence. Donna would ask me how my day was, and I would say 'it was great honey!'. She would smile and plop more mashed potatoes onto my plate. We would go on to have two adorable children - a skinny frail boy with ginger hair named Eric Jr and a boyish girl who liked Star Wars - just like her daddy - named Kitty, but we would call her Kitkat so it wouldn't get mixed up with my mothers name. Life would be good - the days would be sunny and we wouldn't have to worry about any big problems in our lives, ever. We would till the age of 80 and die in each other's arms from old age. 'What the hell, Forman?' Hyde - my best friend, exclaimed as he swung open the basement door and caught me with a dreamy look on my face. Hyde was a cool guy, the typical cool guy. He was aloof and careless, who didn't really care about things that mattered, like goals or achievements. He was just cruising through life doing whatever. I was jealous of Hyde. He was my competition in a way. Despite being my best friend, I always felt a bit insecure about his relationship with Donna. They were also quite close - obviously not as close as her and I - and he was just a much cooler version of me. He was funny, different, and he had a rad taste in music. See, Donna was a tomboyish girl. She needs someone tough, someone like a big, muscular biker dude. Not Mr Eric, Red Forman's girly son who sucks at math. I don't know why I feel so insecure. 'So Forman, I heard you got a lil something from Donna last night.' He snickered. I chuckled slyly, 'and what if I did'. 'Well that's progress. You're on your journey to gettin' some action.' he said, pushing his tinted sunglasses up his nose. The thing was with me, was that I was always so insecure and unsure of my own worth - as I have expressed millions of times before. I never thought Donna would like me or knew if I was good enough for someone as amazing as Donna. She was a man's dream, honestly, and it is hard for me to believe that I achieved what every man's dream was.