since i've been loving you

We were broken up for a month before I started missing her. It was so excruciatingly painful being without her. I didn't realise how attached I was to the little redhead next door until she stopped talking to me and coming to the basement. In fact, when she did come to the basement it was so painfully awkward. Next time, I will never share the same friends as my girlfriend... because when y'all break up it gets real tense! I missed Donna's funny jokes, her amazing taste in music, the amount of fun I have when I am with her. It was all gone because of my stubborn antics. I should've just been there for her during that tough time. If not me, then who would be there for her? I was her closest friend, and her boyfriend at that and I had disappointed her greatly. All I know is that I need to get her back...

The day was gloomy when Hyde proposed the greatest idea ever to me. I was hopelessly in love with Donna, and she was equally in love with me. "Dude.. I know what you can do!" He exclaimed, randomly after a long period of gazing at the TV. "What?" I replied back, excitedly. I was like a boy the night of christmas, sitting around the tree just waiting for their mum to give the 'ok' to rip open the presents. 'This is going to sound stupid, but you should propose to her!' He suggested, snickering quietly. 'Oh my god Hyde, shut up.' I huffed, crossing my arms and leaning back into the couch comfortably. He said it as a joke, obviously but I sat there and thought about it for a while in disbelief. Donna and I had been dating for years before this conflict, and we had many ups and downs. We were already well adjusted to each other's lives.. The next step was to obviously get married! So the next day, I hopped into my brown Vista Cruiser and zoomed down to the local jewellery store.

The owner of the store, Fenton, was a funny looking man. Everything about him was funny, especially the way he stared at me when I strutted into the store with $100 in cash, ready to buy the ring. 'Aren't you a little young?' He asked me, judgement written all over his face. 'Uh.. no' I said, scratching my head, suspiciously. 'Okay cool!' He exclaimed, not bothering to ask any more questions. I didn't see what the point of asking questions in the first place was, anyway. Rings aren't a restricted product, are they? It's not like I was walking in, ready to buy a carton of cigarettes. It turned out.. $100 wasn't enough to buy a quality ring. In fact, I could only afford the cheapest, ugliest looking ring there. Stupidly, I bought it anyway despite knowing the diamonds weren't real and Donna was so going to turn my stupid proposal down. Whatever... it's the thought that counts, right? That's what my mum used to tell me anyway whenever I brought her my crayon drawings home as a gift. In fact, she loved them because the thought made it so much more precious.