Cinderella Left No Slipper

"You're mine."

He found her, finally. His mate at this whole Cinderella and Prince charade. The guests stop chattering. The music paused and the atmosphere went absolutely still.

Silence.

Two eyes met and the whole party went quiet. They had their own world. Love at first sight for any perfect couple who had found their lifemates. And as they got nearer, the more the feelings grow. Like a magnet attracted to one another the more they stepped closer to each other.

Each step echoing with precipitation along with their heartbeats for preparation for what's about to come.

Finally the long awaited steps are over. Just when the remaining 10- step distance were to be crossed, the world took an extreme turn as the blue moon shone and moonlight peeked at the window illuminating the night of which the feast was prepared over --the night of dreams and wishes as it gave way for luck and fortune. For chances and a wish.

Finally Cinderella spoke:

" I reject you as my mate."

And heavy silence descended.

A heavy suffocating silence.

As others went blank and don't know what to do she finally opened her soft supple lips and gave a lovely enchanting smile and everyone was entranced by it. Even the man who had a hard time breathing, heaving while clutching his chest due to the excruciating pain of the dissipating mate bond caused cannot help but be dazed along with painful questioning in his eyes.

A silent question he did not have the power to ask.

However, Cinderella had never intended to give any chances. Wearing a white and black feathered mask with aqualine eyes and rolling waves of scarlet hair, she turned and with one wave of her hand, she walked away and left with her aqualine dress flowing matching her rhythm. Her heels clearly clicked and clacked on the marble floor. However this was not due to Cinderella dancing with her Prince.

This time, was due to Cinderella rejecting her Prince. Exactly at 12 am, the Wolf Prince's birthday.

He and She became mateless.