Prologue

I lay here in my bed, thinking to myself how fucked up life is. I am completely broken. I cannot be fixed. I've been this way since I was eight years old. At this age, I lived in a bad neighborhood where the cops would come every week, crime would happen, and worst of all, I was the victim. At such a young age I had to watch people fight and even kill. A gang in the neighborhood would come to my house everyday, asking for me. My mother simply let them, thinking that they were just nice people who loved hanging out with me, even though they were much older.

Once they took me, they would beat, molest, even rape me. I never told my parents in fear of what would happen. Luckily, once I got to the age of twelve, my parents finally got better jobs and we moved out of that ghetto neighborhood. We now live in a nice neighborhood, but the torture doesn't just stop here.

My whole family hates me. I'm into weird things like death metal and vampires and my family just doesn't approve of it. I'm the one looked down upon. I'm the least favorite of them all. If that isn't bad enough, my whole family judges everything I do. I eat too much food, they call me fat. I don't want to go to church, they make comments on how it isn't good. I dress in black, they think I'm a freak. This may be bad, but there's worse things in my life besides that.

At school I get bullied all the time. I've been called every name in the book: fat, ugly, slut, whore, bitch, lesbian (even though I'm straight), hoe, and even a cunt. To make things worse, some of the guys at school poke me where I don't want to be and just laugh. When I'm alone in the locker rooms at gym, some girls decide to jump me and vandilize my stuff.

On top of all of that, my parents don't even notice me. I'd rather they didn't though. It's sometimes better to have parents that don't care than to have parents that do. The only bright side to all of this is I do have a few friends that are broken just like me. Except, unlike me people at school don't hate on them. But what is it that I did wrong?

With all these thoughts on my life in my head, I slowly drift off to sleep.

Sleep gets weird. Usually when I fall asleep, I have some weird dream about either people abusing me or a good dream where I'm in control and I can do whatever I want. This dream feels different. It feels as if I'm awake. There's a long building, two stories high. Grey bricks create it. It's floating in mid air on clouds in a greyish purple pink nighttime sky. More importantly, I'm floating as well as it. I look above me to see a black archway. There's words at the top. They say Hospital for Souls. Souls? Even though it confuses me, I decide to find out more about it. I follow the path of clouds and walk in.

Getting inside, it looks like some sort of building you'd see in the Roman Times. There's an archway to enter. Once you get in, it looks nothing like it did on the outside. There's tall archways, marble colums all around. Way high up there's diamond chandiliers. I can't see a floor, foggy clouds take the place of it. There's only the one door to get in, and then a long hallway. On both sides where it ends, there's a dim nighttime sky full of clouds and stars. I look ahead of me to see a front desk. It's made of marble and it's pretty high up. There's a nurse sitting there. I walk over to it. I look at the nurse. She's wearing a regular white nurse outfit and has a bright smile.

"Excuse me?" I ask her in a polite voice. "Where am I?" The nurse stands up and begins to examine me. She then sits back down.

"You're in the hospital for souls." She says in a very polite voice.

"The what?" I ask confused. That's definitely an odd name for a hospital. Why souls?

"The hospital for souls. This is where all those broken and destroyed souls come and we fix them."

"Fix them? Alright this is confusing. How did I even get here?"

"Why don't you come with me Raven." She even knew my name. How could she possibly even know my name? The lady gets up and I follow her. She walks out of the semi-circle area where her desk is. I follow her to the wall outside but behind her desk. She knocks on the wall and a giant door opens. She gestures for me to walk in. I do as she gestures and she follows behind me.