Chapter 1

I slam my hand down on the alarm clock next to my bed. I look at the time, 6:35. Shit. I over slept by a half hour. I run out of my bed and frantically search my closet for something decent to wear. I grab the quickest things I can find, skinny jeans and a white T-shirt with a heart on it. I hurry up to put a belt on, along with my converse. Once I'm clothed, I grab some bracelets (to hide my cuts), my hoop earrings, a necklace that my friend gave me, and my black jacket. After that, I quickly run into the bathroom to look at my face. I put on some mascara, along with running a brush through my messy hair. My hair is always horrible, if only I had time to straighten it. I run back to my room and throw a hat on. I run downstairs with my back pack and run straight out the door. I would eat breakfast, but I don't really eat. I've been anorexic for as long as I can remember. I hoped it would make my family stop calling me fat, but it never worked. Now, I can't fix myself and eat normally again. I'm stuck like this.

The bus drives right by my house. A kid opens the window and throws a water bottle at me. I can hear the laughter as the bus drives away. I can't drive myself to school or walk. That means I have to have someone do it for me. One of my parents.

I walk back into the house. I hear something smash on the floor, glass. I freeze in my spot. I begin to hear yelling.

"YOU STUPID FUCKING BITCH! DON'T YOU EVER FUCKING TALK BACK TO ME AGAIN!" My dad yelling at my mom. This has never happened before. My dad must be drunk, he would never smash a bottle....would he?

Sometimes I would come home from school and my mom would be quieter, and sometimes she would have bruises or cuts on her, maybe he abuses her when I'm not around. They both thought I got on the bus....

Quickly, I run out the door, but close it as quietly as possible. I can't go to school today, but I can't go back home either. Where do I go?

I begin running as fast as I can. I know a place. It's quiet, and a place where no one will be able to find me. It's a place where I ran away one time. It was a miracle I came across it. It's a river in the woods.

It takes about a half hour of running, but I finally get there. This river is in the heart of the woods. Luckily for me, the woods aren't far from my house. The time now is 8:30. School is already starting. I just need to be home by 3:30 and no one will ever know I was gone.

I open my backpack. Everyday when I go to school, I bring a blanket with me because I don't have any winter jackets to keep warm with. Along with that, for the long bus drives I have a small pillow. My morning bus driver is a total bitch, I get abuse as it is and all she likes to do is yell at us and make the bus drives a living Hell. By now I'm used to getting yelled at and abuse, but she just pisses me off so bad that I just sleep on the bus so I don't have to deal with her. I'm so glad today I didn't get on the bus, because now I just need sleep.

I put the pillow on the ground and wrap the blanket around me. It's insanely cold out here, but I don't care. I close my eyes and slowly the sleep takes over me.

I open my eyes, souls all around me. There's not that many, only about five in the hallway right now. Looking at them, they all look insanely depressed, some just waiting for death to come. I see one girl, she has dark lines on her wrists, cuts. Her face even has two deep cuts, one on her forehead and the other on her left cheek. I slowly walk over to her, shaking all inside.

"Excuse me?" I approach her slowly. She looks at me, her eyes are completely dead inside. "Where am I exactly?"

"You're in the wing for the destroyed souls. This is the wing they send people to that are so broken there's too many lost pieces that they can't put back into place. Usually the very suicidal people come in here. Like me..." She trails off. She lifts up her sleeves all the way, and I see a deep line going all the way up her arm along with cuts going across the long one. I want to cry, I feel so bad for this girl, but I can't. I don't want her to think I give her pity. I open my arms and wrap them around her, giving her a hug.