10. The Police

"Hey! We're going out tonight, you coming?" Brenda asks as she stands in the doorway. I look up from my phone and nod.

"Just give me a minute." I reply and she smiles, then closes the door. I put a bookmark into my book, then get up and approach my closet. I grab out a sweater and denim shorts, then go over to my dresser to grab out a bra. I put it on and clip the back, then take off my pajama shirt, tossing it onto my bed. I grab my new shirt and pull it over my torso.

I grab a pair of denim shorts off the floor and pull them over my panties. When I'm ready to exit, I slide my phone into my pocket and shut my door behind me.

The twins are waiting for me down in the foyer, their phones out as they lean against the wall, "Ready?" Brandon ask.

I nod and rush down the stairs, then wait as he opens the front door for me. Brenda and I exit the house and walk down the sidewalk toward his open topped car

We get in and Brandon starts up the convertible. As we head into the darkness of the night, I close my eyes and let the wind whip through my hair. The drive is long and we're heading away from the city and into country.

Around 40 minutes later, Brandon parks the car and we clicks the button to put the roof up. We all get out, and that's when I notice the others gathered around a picnic table.

"Hey Guys!" Donna shouts and waves us over, we approach quickly. We all stand around a small picnic table and Steve rolls out a large map.

"It's about a mile walk north, but I have a backpack with water and snacks for the trip. We're all using our phone as flashlights, correct?" He asks. Mostly everyone nods, I just cross my arms as I look over to Brenda and Brandon, jaw dropped. I didn't realize that we were going hiking. I would've worn proper attire if I had.

Dylan and Brenda lead the line group down the road, everyone stays close together as the road begins to incline. At the top of the hill, we turn off the road and onto a side trail in the middle of the woods. When I came to the U.S. I hadn't realized that there was the possibility I would die in the woods. I've saw movies like Friday the 13th, and I know that the blonde chick usually does first. Problem is there's three of us.

I know I'm just scaring myself, but the fact we're in the middle of nowhere doesn't set in until I check my phone and notice that we're down to two bars 4G.

"Can I be honest?" I ask, Brandon turns to me and nods,

"In a way, I don't regret sleeping with you." I reply. He stops me and everyone continues forward, after a few seconds, their voices become distant and the lights grow further and further.

"Josephine. We can't do this. You're living with us," he pauses and we slowly start walking, "And you have a boyfriend."

"I know, Brandon, trust me. It's just-" I go to reply, but am cut off by him dipping in and kissing my lips. God, his kiss is so much better than Hero's. There's so much passion in it, but I know that this is wrong. That I can't do this.

"One last kiss." He whispers, then takes my hand to lead me back to the group.
***
We arrive at a large, open space in the woods. A large water tower climbs into the inky blackness of the night. As we approach the tower, it dawns on me what we're about to do.

"What the hell are we about to do?" I shout as I point my light up, "This is illegal."

"Again, Josephine, as Steve has stated before, where'd your badass side go? Did Hero make you a softie?" Dylan asks. I roll my eyes and set down my light, then roll my hairtie off my wrist. I tie my hair back into a high ponytail, then step up to the ladder and begin climbing. I don't know what came over me, but whatever it is, I'm not hating it. As I near the top, I feel all my muscles tighten. I take one last step and pull myself onto a deck.