22. The Love Birds

empty wallets- 5 Seconds Of Summer
walls could talk- Halsey
•••
Hero
MAY

"So are you having fun?" I ask as I turn back to Josephine with a broad smile. She nods, then kisses my cheek. I pull my arm back, then swing and release the ball. It moves quickly down the lane, the knocks down the pins. All of them.

Josephine rolls her eyes, grabs her ball, and positions herself as the pins reset. She throws the same way, and the ball moves faster than mine did. I watch as it hits the pins and knocks every single one down.

"Still wanna be cocky?"

I chuckle, then rest my hand on the small of her back. We pause our game, then head to our table and grab our drinks and take a sip. She finishes her cup, then sucks on a piece of ice.

We get back to our game and she wins by thirty points. Of course she does. We sit back down at our table and order a small pizza.

"I'm glad we're finally able to do this." She exclaims from across the table. I smile and take her hand, then squeeze it once.

"Me too."

She takes my other hand and squeezes it.

"I love you." I tell her. She blushes, then begins to smile.

The waiter delivers the small pizza. It's like the size of a plate. I take two pieces and put them on a smaller plate, and she takes three. We don't talk as we eat, but her legs brush against mine and I feel a burning desire. I want her. I want her so fucking bad. So bad, it hurts.

We finish eating our pizza and she turns back to the lanes, "Wanna play another round?"

I nod, then push in our chairs and rest my hand on her back, she turns to me and smiles. I grab the orange ball I had been using earlier and she grabs the bright blue ball. I enter our names into the computer and she starts off. The ball rolls into the gutter and she groans. I laugh as she stomps back like a little kid. I grab my ball and pull my arm back, then swing it forward. The ball takes down half of the pins, and I turn around and wait for her to take her turn.

We finish the game and she wins once again, but I don't mind this time. We walk home. It doesn't take long, but it's worth it. Spending more time with the girl I love.

As we sneak into her room and lock the door, only one thought goes through my head.

To never leave her side.
•••••••••••
Sorry this was a shorter chapter!

I hope you enjoy. I'll be back with one of the longest chapters in the book up next, I know this because I've been writing it for a while, but it's three parts and it'll get hot and heavy, emotional, and intense!

PART ONE: THE LETTER
Josephine recieves a letter from her mother and a plane ticket to return home. Hero accompanies her and together, the two confront the demons she's buried away.
PART TWO: THE BABY
Meanwhile, Kelly goes into Labour and the gang takes her to the hospital, where someone is waiting for them.
PART THREE: THE JAILBIRD
Josephine and Hero confront her demons, her Mom reveals a family secret, and the family makes a big decision.