day 6...

max woke up on the muddy bank of the river. he pulled himself onto the shore fully and looked around. he didnt know what happened at first. but as he started to think about the events that took place last night. tears formed in his eyes.

he laid on his back and watched as birds flew in the sky. as he watched. he started making excuses in his head. "hes not dead. he cant be. this is just a cruel joke that Daniel did to scare me." his force was shaking. he was lying to himself. and he knew it. he buried his head in his knees as tears started to roll down his cheeks.

after a while of sobbing on the river bank he got up and walked around. he knew he could go back home. tho getting there wouldnt be hard. just follow the river up. he figured when he got there the police would have already taken Daniel away and the house would be empty. he was most likely being searched for right now.

max didnt want them to find him. he didnt want anything but for life to go back to what it used to be like. just him a david living a small one floor cabin in the woods. everyday he would wake him us at 8 am and they would eat breakfast. then they would go on a walk or a run for exercise then max was aloud to watch some TV before school. after school they would do a activity of some kind. sometimes it was a big one like a carnival. or something small like making pancakes for breakfast the next day or playing a board game.

he would never admit it but that was the best days he had ever spent. they were simple. it had been 6 days sense Daniel moved in and he had already managed to tear everything apart. he wondered if why Daniel killed David. they were married after all. if he wanted to kill him so badly he could have done that when they were just friends. or when they were dating. or when they where boyfriends. but he waited until 6 days after they got married to stab him by the river. it didnt make any sense.

but thinking about it made max tear up so he stopped and thought about where he would go when somebody found him. he wondered if he was going to go back to living with his old family. or was he going to a adoption center or foster care. all of these options sucked. this is what he faced at the end of the summer at camp campbell. but now there was no David to adopt him.

max started to blame everything on himself for what happened. it was his fault that David is dead. if he wasnt so needy and just sucked it up and went home to his old family David wont have adopted him. and if David didnt adopt him Daniel wont have been chasing them and have stabbed David. he started to think maybe Daniel was trying to kill max in his sleep but David ran away with him. maybe he did it because he didnt want a witness. he most likely thought that max would drown.

max walked up the river for a while. lost in thought. he finally saw the house. he ran to it. he was starving and even if the house was empty it had food. he wasnt ready for what he saw inside.