1: Colors (cont'd)

I had prepared what I had wanted to say on my way to his house. I had also written a note in red ink to explain in full detail how I felt about him. But I wasn't going to give it to him unless he was better. I didn't want to put to much on him since he lost his companion so recently.

As I had gotten there, I rang the doorbell as usual. His mother comes to the door and greets me with sad and tearful eyes and only says two words " Be grateful." I was confused at this point because her tone of voice wasn't disconcerting or stern, but menacing in a way that I felt a chill as soon as the words left her lips. I then asked where Daniel was, and she nodded awkwardly and pointed up stairs where his room was. I knocked on his door and announced my presence. No answer. I knocked once more, still no answer. I decided to let myself in. As the door creaked open I stood in astonishment staring blankly at the sight in front of me. Daniel was passed out, cold. He looked dead. I ran to his bedside and gently shook him until he awoke. I couldn't believe the condition he was in. I was scared to even say anything for the sake of his self being. He looked so sad. " Hey Danny, how are you feeling?". Silence...... and then he spoke. " I - I am okay. What are you doing here?" I was surprised but also prepared to answer, " I am here checking up on you, I haven't seen you in school for a few days and was worried about you." He just stayed in the same position as he was, and after a short few seconds he said " I knew you'd come check up on me, that's what friends are for." 

I was hurt, not only did me seeing him in that state affect my heart, but the way we have bonded over the school year, has lent us a great deal of trust and friendship. From that day forward, we never left each others side, and I didn't tell him either. I just kept my note in my back pocket until I got home and put it in my jewelry box.

Upon my arrival home, my mother was curious as to how it all went. I of course said it was fine, and he's just taking it a little hard. Then my mom got an idea for us to buy him a new puppy. I told her no because its too soon, but she had suggested we talk to his parents and work something out for his birthday. After the plan was clarified, I thought it was a decent idea, his birthday was in three weeks too. So, we waited.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HOPE YOUR ALL ENJOYING< SHORT CHAPTER I KNOW BUT I AM PLANNING TO ADD MORE AND MORE WHEN MORE COMES TO ME (*w*) THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT! FAV, AND SHARE!!