The Performance

The Prisoner is a classic television program created by genius Patrick McGoohan featuring a man only known as Number 6 attempting to escape from this strange place only known as the Village. Distributed by ITC Entertainment, The Prisoner holds a legacy for being one of the most bizarre and subjective programs ever made. Who is this Number 6? Why did he resign in the first place? Where exactly is the Village? And the show is defiantly one of the greats of TV ever made! 

My second of my Prisoner fanfics isn't really much of a fanfic. The idea came about when I had to devise a performance as a competition against other teams at school. The stimulus is a man who pulls a massive switch that can turn the light of day on and off before breaking it and the world has been left to remain dark forever. And then they said, "Right, go write a story about that!". And so I had a light bulb moment, turning to the Prisoner!

Although the script isn't the most detailed, and with slight differences from the original, the other actors from younger years don't really care as they just need to know their lines and what they're doing. And I really liked my script. I did think it was well written and engaging for the audience, something that will really grip in audiences which is something that they would really want. Instead of the old boring conflict topic or someone having a mental breakdown and getting all depressing because I hate that stuff, critics and examiners are obsessed by that trash! Which is why fan fiction is so much better...

So with a script that audiences can actually enjoy and forget about PC messages, they are being beaten over the head with which is what they want us to do because they like being difficult, the other two girls who I am working with decided that the idea wasn't good enough, so the thing ends up being more of their piece. If you want to know how much my year suck, then just read my Twilight Zone: Death By My Victim. Then you'll see why I hate my year. The performance ends up being a preachy, dull performance that parents have to watch because their sons and daughters are in it - the girls instead have a better idea with bullying - a very original idea that hasn't been done to death with. Hate to get off to a bad start, but this wasn't to be. Nevertheless, I'll let you decide whether this would have made a good performance for a short school play...

Be Seeing You!