chapter one

"hyungggggg, please help me with this essay. i really don't understand anything and mcgonagall will kill me if i don't hand in another piece of homework. i'll buy you food," the blonde whined, following his hyung as they walked through the halls. "gguk, you need to learn to do it yourself. or ask your teacher. i have charms to get to, if you need help that bad i think joon has a free right now. good luck." the teen huffed as he watched his hyung speed off down the hallway towards the charms corridor. jeon jeongguk was a sixth-year gryffindor student at hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. he attended the school with his six best friends, two of which were in his year as the remaining four were in their seventh year. this annoyed jeongguk to no ends. his birthday was right on the cut-off between the years, meaning he should technically be in the year above, a fact that often annoyed the teenager immensely. he decided to take his hyung's advice and go and find namjoon, relying on the fact that he would be kind enough to help him with his essay. it wasn't long before the younger was sliding onto a bench at the ravenclaw table, opposite his friend. kim namjoon, the literal definition of a ravenclaw student. he had an iq of 148 and the most incredibly creative mind of anyone that jeongguk had ever met. "hey gguk, what's up?" jeongguk smiled at him, only causing the elder to role his eyes slightly. "what homework do you want my help with?" namjoon asked, holding his hand out for the younger's assignment. the younger slipped the piece of paper into his hand, slipping his bag off of his shoulder. "it's a three-page essay for mcgonagall that's due in for tomorrow. she'll kill me if i don't hand in yet another assignment." the blonde sighed, scanning over the assignment slip. "fine, i'll do half of it and then i'll help you do the other half tonight. come to my common room at eight tonight and we can finish it. sound good?" jeongguk jumped up, the widest bunny grin on his face as he hugged the elder. "thank you hyung, i'll see you tonight," he exclaimed before picking up his bag and running out of the hall. namjoon only chuckled and shook his head at the younger's actions, slipping the assignment sheet under his notebook before returning to his own transfiguration work.

jeongguk was currently trying, emphasis on the trying, to sneak back into his shared room after finishing his essay with namjoon. despite arriving on time at eight, finishing his essay had taken a lot longer than expected. three hours to be exact. that meant that coming back to the common room was a whole lot harder than he expected, what with the fact that he swore mcgonagall must be following him as every corner he turned her voice could be heard. luckily, he had managed to make his way back to the common room with only a small judgement from the fat lady. trying to find his way back into his bed proved to be much harder than anticipated. despite the fact that most normal teenagers were still awake, sat talking in small groups at eleven at night. seokjin however, jeongguk's hyung and roommate, had a strict rule where he was in bed and asleep by 10:30 pm, meaning the seventeen-year-old was stumbling around a pitch-black room. just as jeongguk thought he had completed his mission, he caught his foot on his bedpost, proceeding to face plant onto the floor. a groan was heard from the other side of the room, causing the younger to sigh and hang his head. "gguk, what are you doing? are you okay?" seokjin asked, sitting up and switching on his bedside lamp. the warm light spread through the room to reveal a shirtless seokjin and an embarrassed jeongguk laying on the floor. "get up bunny, don't just lie on the floor," the ravenette sighed, offering his hand to the embarrassed teen. jeongguk took his hand, putting his weight against the elder as he climbed up from the floor. he laid back against his mattress, staring at his hyung with his signature smile on his face. "would you like to tell me why you're stumbling back into our room and tripping over bedposts at almost midnight?" seokjin asked, returning to his own bed. "i was in the ravenclaw common room with namjoon. he was helping me with the last half of my essay. it took a lot longer than expected." the elder sighed, rubbing his fingers against his temples. "i swear, you kids will be the death of me. anyway, did you forget that it's hogsmede weekend this weekend?" he asked, chuckling slightly as the younger's eyes widened. jeongguk had completely forgotten about that, by default also forgetting about the fact that they had agreed to all go together. "fuck hyung, i completely forgot." seokjin glared at him, sighing once again. "that is exactly why me and hobi planned it together, instead of me asking you. we're all going to meet at the hufflepuff common room at half-past three, and then walk down together. do you know what that means?" this time it was jeongguk's turn to chuckle slightly. "yes hyung, i know. it means i have to not get any detentions tomorrow," he responded, rolling his eyes and pulling the covers over himself. the elder nodded, smiling slightly before turning off the lamp, causing both boys to slowly fall into deep dream-filled slumbers.

932 words