chapter two

it was gone midday when jungkook woke up that saturday. he squinted as his eyes adjusted to the light pouring in through the window. after a minute he sat up and stretched his limbs as far as he could. this was when he noticed the paper plate and note next to his bed. on the plate were a few sausages, some bacon and a slice of buttered toast. the note read, "good afternoon bunny. i knew you'd miss breakfast so i brought you some. i'm in the great hall with namjoon, tae and yoongi if you want to come and join us. god knows where your boyfriends are but i'll leave that up to your imagination". jungkook smiled as he read his hyung's words, quickly casting a spell over the food to heat it up. his smile widened as he started to eat, happy that seokjin knew him so well to know he'd miss breakfast. after wolfing down the rest of the food the brunette headed towards the shower, desperate to go and see his friends.

"i don't get it. how is it nearly half-past one and jungkook still isn't here?" namjoon stated, shaking his head slightly. the other three teens laughing at the statement, humming in agreement. "you know what he's like joon. he probably got up less than an hour ago," taehyung added. this caused another round of quiet laughter as the four of them thought of the youngest gryffindor in their group. "it's okay because i left him a plate of food and a note telling him we're in here but that jimin and hobo aren't." just as seokjin finished his sentence, the previously mentioned slyterin and hufflepuff entered the great hall and joined the table. "afternoon dudes, where's kook?" jimin asked, slipping between yoongi and hoseok. "oh wow. so you don't as how we're doing you just go straight for where your other boyfriend is. that's cold minnie," taehyung exclaimed, crossing his arms in mock sadness. yoongi giggled at his boyfriend, resting his head on the younger's shoulder. "calm down taetae. you've got me," the blonde responded, smiling up at the boy. the brunette almost melted at the sight of his boyfriend's gummy smile, kissing his lips lightly. "well, i guess you're right kitten." after around another fifteen minutes, the brunette gryffindor made his way to the great hall, smiling as he spotted his group of friends. he headed over to the six teens, slipping in between his two boyfriends. "nice of you to grace us with your presence kook," namjoon stated, rolling his eyes lightly. hoseok pecked the younger's cheek before wrapping his arm around his shoulders. "be nice to him joon. i heard you had him working till after curfew on his essay last night." at that statement jungkook's eyes went wide and he jumped up from the bench. "fuck, i need to hand my essay into mcgonagall." the other sixe rolled their eyes and laughed slightly as the brunette ran out of the hall, rushing to hand his essay in on time.

"okay, is everyone ready?" seokjin asked, standing infront of his group of friends. the seven of them were stood by the door, just about to leave for their day in hogsmede. taehyung had his arm around yoongi's waist, nodding at his hyung's question.  it was safe to say that hogsmeade trips were everyone's favourite times of the school year. they were a time for everyone to cool off, joke around and spend as much money as they could in honeydukes so that they had enough sweets to last them until the next trip; the last point mainly applying to the two hufflepuffs of the group. after ensuring that everyone was actually ready and not sucking each other's faces off, specifically jimin and jungkook, the group of seven headed off to the small village. "so tae, you ready to get you ass beat tomorrow?" jungkook teased, his arm slung loosely over jimin's shoulders. despite their group of seven, only two of the teens were in their house quidditch teams. taehyung was one of the chasers for the slytherin team while jungkook was a beater on the gryffindor team. their friendship lead to an interesting dynamic on the pitch, both of them playing ruthlessly with little care for the other's health or madam hooch's constant whistle blowing. the brunette only scoffed, used to his friend's teasing at this point. "you act as if hyunjin won't catch the snitch within the first ten minutes of the match." hwang hyunjin was the seeker for the slytherin team, and a ridiciously good seeker at that. every game that they played, it was pretty much guaranteed that slytherin would end the game by catching the snitch, even if they didn't win. "yeah well, i might just knock you out for fun. plus, you guys really need to get a different  tactic. all you do is score like three goals and then let hyunjin catch the snitch. it's getting boring." seokjin was quick to break up their little squabble, knowing full well that it could quickly turn into an aggressive, dick-measuring contest, for lack of a better explanation.  "kookie, while i love you, i have to be loyal to my team. we're all aware that slytherin are gonna win, just accept it and play for fun. you'll just have to win against ravenclaw and hufflepuff," jimin chimed in, high-fiving taehyung smoothly over his boyfriend's shoulder. the gryffindor only pouted, annoyed that his own boyfriend had abandoned him. "ha, see. even you're own boyfriend has betrayed you because he knows slytherin's a better team." a quick glare from seokjin shut the three up again, all of them walking in silence for the remainder of the short trip to the wizarding village.