Chapter 2- Birthday Closet

"-SURPRISE!" I wake up from my dream to Dylan's smirk right befor- SPLAT. Dylan smashed a cupcake right in the center of my face.

Mmm "Red velvet?" I ask unbothered by Dylan's prank. I could see his face shift from happy to disappointed, Dylan stayed silent.

"I guess you expected me to not like my favorite flavor cupcake get on my face." I say while I trail my finger across my nose and I lick the frosting off.

"Whatever sis" Dylan says before I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Are you done yet?" Damien asks as he leaned on the doorway, announcing his presence. "That's what we're all wondering with you and your girlfriend" I want to say, but instead I just roll my eyes.

"Don't let them get stuck nerd. Oh and that cupcake was for Cherry's birthday, better run to the store" He says in a playful voice.

"You're kidding! What the heck Dylan!" I groan as I get off the bed.

"Oops?" Dylan shrugs and runs out the room and Damien follows after him. As he leaves I hear yelling and the fire alarm.

I'm pretty sure that was the cake.

I remembered what Damien told me, I couldn't care less about my step-mom but... my dad does.

I went to the bathroom to take a shower and get ready.
—9:00am
I searched through my wardrobe, coming out with a black crop top, checkered sweats, white heart earrings, and a black beanie. "I can pair these with my black slides" I murmur to myself as I put my beanie on my long curly brown hair.

I check the time on my phone; 9:30 am. I groaned, it's Sunday for heavens sake! I shouldn't be awake until two.

I slip on my slides at walk down the stairs, ignoring the burnt cake on the counter.

"Hey there stranger" James says, blocking my way before I can reach the door.

James, the only guy that can make me weak in the knees ever since I was 14, also.. Dylan's best friend.

"Hey" I say looking up at him as a blush crept up my cheeks. His eyes were the perfect shade of green, and he never failed to smell really, really good.

"You look good." He says, showing off his perfect smile and his dimples.

"T-thanks" I stuttered and blushed and I'm pretty sure he noticed, considering the fact that he smirked before he walked back to my brothers.

I speed walked to the door and headed out to the store on my blue bike with the words true love printed in small letters all over the bike. the store wasn't that far anyways.

— 10:00am
"I'm back" I announced, no response. I figured everyone was upstairs so I went to put the cupcakes on the burnt cake free counter. This place is really nicely decorated, I was surprised. I walked towards the living room when suddenly someone pulled me inside a closet.

Before I could scream or kick, "Shh It's me, James." He says with his hands resting on my waist.

"James? What are you doing in here? Why did yo-" I was about to finish my sentence when James pushed me against the wall, his arms were by my head pressed against the wall, blocking me from going anywhere. We were so close together. A blush crept up my cheeks.

"Your eyes are seducing me babygirl." James whispered in my ear so only I could hear.

By this time I was staring at him. My face was really red. "Sorry luv, I was pushed." James says as he backed away and rubbed the back of his neck nervously. I look behind him and I see, Damien.

"Look what you did to her! She looks like a tomato!" Damien says laughing at me. I cover my face with my hands as I try to leave but I feel hands pull me back.

"You can't leave yet" James says as he brings me closer to him by my waist.

"Why not?" I ask, blushing at the fact that I could feel his muscular chest pressed against my back.

"Cherry and your dad isn't here yet-" He explains.

I nodded my head and I could feel him staring at me. I turned around and it was just Damien smirking at the position James and I were in. I blushed as I walked away from James embrace and sat on a old table that was in here.

—10:20am
The awkward silence was interrupted by the noise that came from the door as it unlocked...

"Surprise!" We all yelled as we came out of the closet. And Dylan came out of the bathroom.

"Woah! Hi!! All of this for me?!" Cherry exclaimed as she ran towards us for hugs. My dad stood there laughing and looking around the kitchen at the decor.

When it was my turn for a hug I was hesitant but Dylan nudged me and I opened my arms for her.

—8pm
After a while of dancing, eating, and binge watching Jane the virgin on Netflix with everyone, Cherry and my dad went to bed.

"I'm gonna hit the hay, your boy needs his hotness sleep" Damien says before he goes upstairs, leaving everyone laughing.

"Same, are you sleeping over dude?" Dylan asks James.

"Yeah, fosho I'll be up there in a bit." James says as he nodded at Dylan before he went upstairs. It was just me and him now.

"Are you tired?" James asks as he moves to the space next to me on the couch. Our legs were touching.

"Kinda, but not really" I say.

"Hey, sorry about the closet." James says as he places his hand on my thigh, looking at me.

"It's okay, you were.. pushed" I reassure him. Not mentioning the thing he whispered in my ear. I searched for a sign in his eyes but all I saw was nothing. No sign at all.

"I-" Before he could say anything I got up and I went upstairs to bed.

Hey readers! Dxani here! Thanks so much for reading chapter two!!! I tried to make it long for you guys. See you next time! Don't forget to click that star, add "Hannah" to your list, and comment! <3